The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Newcastle is interested in Cagliari's Victor Ibarbo, and he would cost about 8m. He's great.

After Joleon Lescott's talks with West Ham fell through, he is close to a move to QPR.

Hull are set to make a 5m bid for Sunderland's Adam Johnson.

Urgh I like Lallana but surely we could just get a similar quality player for cheaper from abroad.

• Like 1

No one's going to gazump a sum of £25m for Lallana. I mean, I like him and all, but seriously.

This is a fair point and all, but I think you forgot about Fuck Liverpool. You know that they (and your lot) made Manchester Freaking City the good guys in that title race?!

• Like 2

Best to keep gazumping as a sport (see: Willian...nyuck nyuck) rather than an obligation. Otherwise all the overpriced average players get snapped up and Liverpool might actually find some good value from what's left after you're done.

If the story is actually true and not just another chapter in the saga of "lol we wish" and "here lie Manchester United's broken dreams, bathed in the tears of Ed Woodward"...then it would be breaking and newsworthy.

Impossible to tell, of course.

I'd laugh if Chelsea got him to play alongside Matic.

It won't happen, but I've been spoiled with entertaining transfer-target-thefts in recent times and I think it's Arsenal's turn next.

• Like 1

Lampard and Villa to New York FC!

Urgh I like Lallana but surely we could just get a similar quality player for cheaper from abroad.

I don't mind it too much. Mostly because the only reason the price is 25 million is because Bournmouth are getting a cut. Blame them. :shifty:

Lampard and Villa to New York FC!

I don't mind it too much. Mostly because the only reason the price is 25 million is because Bournmouth are getting a cut. Blame Lineker. :shifty:

If Fabregas really is available I suspect the top 4 and United will all be tripping over themselves to get him. Bayern might be in the mix too.

Great move for Lampard and great signing for New York. Should be intersting to see who the Miami Beckhams can land as their designated players.

Apparently Chelsea are indeed looking to horde centrebacks like we used to horde right-backs a number of years back: Raphael Varane has confirmed (or at least claimed) that Chelsea have shown interest in him, although there will be no real discussions of any kind about his future until after the World Cup.

Hmm. Good player, but...really?