The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

We need a back up striker, we'll keep playing Suarez and Sturridge together and have nothing beyond those two. Borini will probably/hopefully be sold, and even if we can't offload him he's not good enough to be that close to the first team.

But surely any backup for Suarez and Sturridge would ideally be players similar to the two so they can slot into the formation and tactic.

'Lads, we've been playing fast and fluid for 18 months but Luis has stubbed his toe, so now I want you to pump it up to the big lad up top!'.

• Like 1

Lambert would be great for us as 3rd striker, scored plenty in the prem, decent player offers something different and it's another local lad in the team. Lambert isn't just a hoof it up to him player he can actually play with the ball just because Hodgson uses his shite long ball tactics with him seems people are just thinking that's all he can do.

Edited by DavidMarrio

Fabianski is a great signing for a free, should clear Vorm to go to Liverpool. Should be an interesting transfer window for Liverpool, Lambert is pretty good and has two/three seasons to score ten goals a season at most.

Shame we've missed out on Jordi Gomez going to Sunderland, would have loved to have him back down the Liberty.

I think for him at the age he's at its a chance of moving to the team he supports, it's a chance of playing in the champions league and a chance of earning more money.

I agree with points made earlier I can see this being a way of Southampton avoiding to pay more money to Bournemouth if we get Lallana. The same happened with Porto when they sold Rodriguez and Moutinho to Monaco because Porto would have to give Sporting money for when they sold Moutinho

I think for him at the age he's at its a chance of moving to the team he supports, it's a chance of playing in the champions league and a chance of earning more money.

I agree with points made earlier I can see this being a way of Southampton avoiding to pay more money to Bournemouth if we get Lallana. The same happened with Porto when they sold Rodriguez and Moutinho to Monaco because Porto would have to give Sporting money for when they sold Moutinho

I thought he was a Celtic fan.

Delighted for Lambert. The guy has earned everything he gets and to be going to a World Cup and signing for him hometown team with Champions League football is entirely deserved.

What a rise.

• Like 2

Better than Newcastle...I'll never forget seeing 4/5 men punch the coach I was on going when I went to see us play at St James' Park