The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

"On alert". I'd forgotten that one.

Need to keep a 'transfer window' list...

- Eyeing

- Swooping

- On alert

etc.

It would be a rather good drinking game.

Although you'd die on the Transfer Window with Jim White.

"On alert". I'd forgotten that one.

Need to keep a 'transfer window' list...

- Eyeing

- Swooping

- On alert

etc.

We laugh about it but this kind of language really is only used in this context. Nobody goes out and "eyes" a BLT sandwich from the menu or puts the waiter on alert as you prepare a swoop on a cornish pasty.

• Like 2

His whole move to Roma was bizarre, they signed him for 12 million, Barca had the option to buy him back for 13m after one season or were obligated to after his second season unless Roma paid an extra 30m or something

Yeah I never really saw the benefit to Barca there. They were essentially paying Roma €1mil to loan him for 2 years, only to have Roma then loan him to Milan. If Roma were to keep him it would've amounted to a €40mil deal.

10369231_492292230872755_131291832632114

Spurs are closing in on Álvaro Morata.

Liverpool are close to finalising a 10m deal with Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can. Great business, that.

Arsene Wenger ordered his scouts to keep tabs on Schalke right-back Atsuto Uchida.

Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal will battle for Rubin Kazan teenager Sardar Azmoun, who's dubbed as the new Messi.

Hull are leading the race to sign Shola Ameobi.

West Ham are in talks over a 250K loan deal for Milan's Mbaye Niang. He used to be fantastic on FM12.

Leicester have made a 1m offer for Cardiff's Fraizer Campbell and hope to seal the deal this weekend.

Chelsea and Arsenal want to sign Hamburg's midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu.

Edited by RafaelFms

Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal will battle for Rubin Kazan teenager Sardar Azmoun, who's dubbed as the new Messi.

Damn, my week as the new Messi was over too quickly. :/

It's OK, I've checked the schedule and you're pencilled in for the second week in August.

• Like 1

Vertonghen's said he's staying!

Vertonghen (Move): "No I have a couple years more at Tottenham, I'm happy at Tottenham I'm staying.

Vertonghen: "I'm definitely staying at Tottenham whoever the manager is."
  • Like 1

Schweinsteiger could be out of Bayern due to a squad overhaul by Guardiola this summer, and Man Utd are interested. He would cost about 32m.

Arsenal has revived their interest in Sami Khedira, who would cost 15m.

Teddy Sheringham is joining West Ham's coaching staff to help their strikers turn into world-beaters like him.

Sunderland hopes to sign Crystal Palace goalkeeper Julian Speroni.

Fulham have put a 15m price tag on young sensation Patrick Roberts.

Debuchy is set to move out of Newcastle this summer, probably to Monaco. :crying:

Fulham could launch a 2m bid for Ipswich striker David McGoldrick.

Chris Hughton has a chance of becoming Brighton's new manager.

Sheffield Utd could make a move for Liverpool's Conor Coady, but Brendan Rodgers set his price at 1.5m.

Newcastle are looking to sign midfielder Steve Sidwell on a free and have set Lyon's Clement Grenier as one of their targets this summer.