The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/article.premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Premier League squads retained/free transfer possibilities lists.

Interesting.

All the list means is that as of the submission deadline (3rd Saturday in May...so last week?), the players listed as 'free transfer' have not yet signed an extension. The contracts generally run to the end of June, so a number of the players could/will be retained between now and then. For example, Schwarzer's position on the 'free transfer' list goes against quotes he made a couple of days ago. John Terry still says "offer" next to his name, but he has since officially signed an extension.

Lampard might go, but my gut feeling is that he won't.

So apparently Shola's off to Dubai, or so I'm told by my wife who's chosen this moment to reveal one of her workmates is married to his agent. She's worked there since we met, and I've had an Ameobi shirt just begging to be signed for three years.

:(

• Like 1

Arsenal might sign Cesc Fábregas back for about 35m.

Hull is going to make a 3m bid for Southampton's defender José Fonte.

Bernard has been offered to a couple of Premier League clubs. Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham (who almost signed him last summer) are the ones, probably.

Arsenal and Liverpool are battling for the signing of Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin. The French midfielder would cost about 12m.

Leicester are plotting a 2m move for West Brom's Craig Dawson.

AC Milan are pursuing Newcastle players Davide Santon and Moussa Sissoko.

Swansea have agreed a 7m deal with Standard Liege striker Michy Batshuayi.

Southampton are interested in signing Scott Sinclair for 3m.

Edited by RafaelFms

Whatever happened to Albrighton? I remember thinking he had potential to be a good player a few seasons back when he started first started playin then he just seemed to not be playing as much.

Still a bit of confusion over the fee, but Jason Burt of The Telegraph has tweeted that it'll be £48 million. Seems to be somewhere between £40m and £50m at any rate.

In any case, fantastic fee (that's "fantastic" in the Mourinho sense of "you cannot be serious" :shifty:) for a player who wasn't first-choice last season (a world record for a defender) and I wish the frizzy geezer all the best.

I like Luiz and think he has a lot to offer if used properly. His oft-quoted weaknesses are easily manageable and tend to come from people who think he should be one particular type of defender that he isn't, or viewing him when he's not placed in the appropriate position (defence or midfield) for the appropriate opposition and is thereby left exposed.

E.G. His tendency to drive forwards with the ball from the back line is a real boon when you're trying to break a concerted defence down, but not when you require positional discipline against pacy and lethal attacks. Against such opponents, he's really valuable in midfield to run all over the place - harrass, harry, annoy - and disrupt their build-up and tempo, while more conservative centrebacks operate as cover behind. This is where he was mainly used by Mourinho this season, where he tended to start alongside Matic or Ramires in the games against 'big' opposition like City, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.

(Note: none of this excuses his obligatory "I must run across someone's face, usually near the halfway line, quite often with my elbow" moments that he seems to require one of per match.)

BUT the money is really, really, really silly and none of these good things are worth the potential reinvestment it could provide. There is no saying no to a deal like this.

Good business by Chelsea. With Zouma coming in and Ivanovic capable of coveting centre back he's the ideal player to sell. It's a now or never type situation cause they might not get an offer like this for him again. Could easily reinvest that I'm getting a good striker.

There's no chance he's worth that much money though.