The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Fair bit of nonsense floating about in the rumours today...

The Mail claim that PSG are 48 hours away from spending FIFTY MILLION on David Luiz. The main reason to disbelieve this, of course, is that given the scrutiny currently facing the Parisien club's finances, one cannot really believe they'd be that......well, stupid.

But if they are, take the money and run. :shifty:

There's also a quote in The Sun, supposedly from Demba Ba, which says:

"Jose Mourinho has asked me to stay next season, and has assured me my situation would change. I see this as my reward from God, I want to play a lot of matches and I think that will be the case for me."

...Given that he's been very nearly out the door twice already, I am rather dubious. :/

Fair bit of nonsense floating about in the rumours today...

The Mail claim that PSG are 48 hours away from spending FIFTY MILLION on David Luiz. The main reason to disbelieve this, of course, is that given the scrutiny currently facing the Parisien club's finances, one cannot really believe they'd be that......well, stupid.

But if they are, take the money and run. :shifty:

There's also a quote in The Sun, supposedly from Demba Ba, which says:

"Jose Mourinho has asked me to stay next season, and has assured me my situation would change. I see this as my reward from God, I want to play a lot of matches and I think that will be the case for me."

...Given that he's been very nearly out the door twice already, I am rather dubious. :/

. Clearly the 50 million deal also includes his time machine.

The Telegraph have now weighed in to claim that PSG will be buying Luiz for £40m, not £50m.

Slightly more plausible, albeit still massive money. Plus the fact that 50 million euros = approx. £40m might indicate that the sources are aligned, and The Mail simply did their usual "exchange rates? PAH!" approach when it came to quoting euros or pounds.

There've been rumors of him going to MLS for the last couple years. He'd be good for a season or two for a team that could actually afford him/have the open designated player spot for him, which I think might just be New York Red Bulls unless NYCFC wanted to splash that Yankees/Man City cash on getting him for next year.