The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I guess it's just because some players want new challenges. Beckham left a few years after being in a treble winning side.

Again, Kroos leaving Bayern kinda has me stumped too, but I do see the appeal of being at a side that's trying to get back where they once were.

In fairness on the Beckham one he didn't want to leave, he was completely forced out of the club by Ferguson.

Think this one is likely Kroos just angling for a better deal. If we got him, brilliant, not holding out too much hope on it though despite the amount of reports going into it.

• Admin
According to L'Equipe, Didier Drogba is set to join Juventus after leaving Galatasaray on a free transfer.
Argentine striker Mauro Zarate is closing on a return to England with West Ham United, according to his brother and agent.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few players did leave Bayern, a lot of their young guys are coming to the end of their contracts fairly soon and are all going to be looking for big deals. Kroos is the first, how his negotiations go will have a big effect on the rest.

Board and pay structure is different in Germany than here, it's the Business Manager who has final say over wages, if they believe their structure isn't right for the demands then they will not resign the player

• Admin
Cardiff have now completed signing of Spanish striker Javi Guerra from Real Valladolid on a three-year deal, despite their relegation.
William Carvalho fully expects to remain a Sporting Lisbon player this summer despite being linked to Manchester United.
Bolton have completed the signing of Southampton midfielder Andy Robinson.
Carlos Edwards has signed a one-year contract at Millwall following an impressive loan spell.

Tom Ince admits he's interested in signing for Swansea if an offer comes in, says WalesOnline. Ince is another winger targeted alongside Palace's Jonathan Williams.

Rumour around town is that Michu has contracted arthritis in his ankle, so if true, looks like he's not moving anywhere or likely to play for a while.