The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I love how BBC and Sky use "understands" as a get-out clause.

I am obligated to drag out this Yes, Prime Minister quote every time this comes up...since I love it so...

Bernard Wooley: "Sir Humphrey, I didn't know the Employment Secretary was going to resign."

Humphrey Appleby: "Was he?"

BW: "You just said he was."

HA: "No, I said that I 'understood' the rumours to be true. I may have misunderstood."

BW: "So they weren't true?"

HA: "They might have been, for all I know."

BW: "Anything 'might' be true."

HA: "Precisely. Well done, Bernard."

• Like 3

He'll probably be sold and the media will be all "HOW WILL CITY COPE???", forgetting that he's not really done that much this season and they'd cope just as well as Chelsea without Mata.

.. 20 league goals.. he's not done that much at all.

• Like 8

He'll probably be sold and the media will be all "HOW WILL CITY COPE???", forgetting that he's not really done that much this season and they'd cope just as well as Chelsea without Mata.

I honestly think when I read comments like this in here, people are either trolling or just totally stupid and ignorant.

• Like 9

I don't even know where he'd go. He has 3 years' contract left on huge wages, City will not let him go for nothing either...and he's 31 years old already.

Still, a midfield pairing of Yaya and Matic would be nicely terrifying... :shifty:

(Will never happen.)

I honestly think when I read comments like this in here, people are either trolling or just totally stupid and ignorant.

That had to be trolling.

General, seriously, you can't think that... can you?