The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I look forward to Balotelli getting his first Liverpool hattrick and Nerf posting "Yeah, but you have to look at all the other chances he had. He could have had a double hattrick, he's such a wasteful striker."

• Like 1

For £16m Balotelli is probably worth the hassle, I mean if it comes to it they could probably make that money back anyway if the move is a balls up, at worst they'll only make a slight loss of a couple of million, at best he might even end up being a great signing and £16m in a market where players are going for silly money, it'll be a great deal.

Not really paid much attention to him at Milan, has he been mental while he's been there or been alright?

And how can you tell Balotelli is worth/not worth on the pitch if he didn't even play yet?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's a massive gamble and one that makes me feel equal parts uneasy and excited.

But anyway... DONE DEAL.

10419439_578042359007967_182906179473593

I honestly don't get why United would want Di Maria. He is absolutely an elite player, but where does he go in the formation? Luke Shaw is the left wing back when fit, and Mata the #10 behind Rooney and RVP. I'm not saying either one of those two are better than di Maria - they're not - but I just don't see why United would splash 50+ million on a player who would compete for a spot with two men - signed for around 30million each - who joined within the past year.

But I'm American, so lol soccerball

I honestly don't get why United would want Di Maria. He is absolutely an elite player, but where does he go in the formation? Luke Shaw is the left wing back when fit, and Mata the #10 behind Rooney and RVP. I'm not saying either one of those two are better than di Maria - they're not - but I just don't see why United would splash 50+ million on a player who would compete for a spot with two men - signed for around 30million each - who joined within the past year.

But I'm American, so lol soccerball

The formation will likely change once van Gaal adds the players he wants. He's already said 3-5-2 is being played because he hasn't got the players he wants for the system he'd prefer to play. IF (Won't get excited about di Maria just yet until something more concrete comes out) we actually signed di Maria, it wouldn't surprise me to see him play a role similar to what Robben does for Bayern/Holland. Certainly need a player like him because if Welbeck is actually on the way out then we really need somebody to come in and provide some pace in attack.