The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

And when Liverpool finish 7th, it'll be Origi, Lambert and Kevin Philips.

I'd prefer Jari Litmanen to Phillips, LOL.

I honestly would probably have Wilfried Bony over Balotelli. He has good work ethic, and a target man with decent pace and skill. Mario is a real risk, but there's no denying it has the potential to be an incredible deal if everything plays out. Despite all of his character issues, I think Rodgers has the ability to manage Mario in the right way to get good play out of him. I am cautiously hopefulthis will work out, but there are just so many question marks.

Who's to say Balotelli won't. In a summer where strikers are going for stupidly high prices or wanting about 200k a week, Balotelli for 16mil is a gamble worth taking.

Which relatively isn't that much.

Suarez is quoted as anywhere between £120,000 to £200,000 per week, RVP towards the higher end of that, Rooney is above that, Costa is £150,000, Sturridge is supposed to be on £140,000 on his new deal.

Edit: If his new deal exists. Only saw reports of what he was going to be offered on google. >_>

I think there is almost a perception difference between Balotelli and Bony. The former is someone who has won the Premier League, Serie A and the Champions League. He's the guy who set up the goal that won Man City the Premier League (which is apparently his only Premier League assist). In that way I think he is, on paper, a better signing than Bony could've been.

I really rate Bony. I reckon if you put him in a top team he'd score goals for fun. He has absolutely everything, powerful, fast, can finish and is brilliant in the air. His movement and footwork is top class too.

Given the inflated prices out there, I'm amazed someone hasn't triggered his release clause yet.

• Like 1

Who's to say Balotelli won't. In a summer where strikers are going for stupidly high prices or wanting about 200k a week, Balotelli for 16mil is a gamble worth taking.

It's an absolute steal.