The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Hasn't GoGo been praising him since he made his debut?

tbf I wasn't expecting him to go this quickly. Most Sounders supporters generally believed he'd be here until the end of 2015 at the earliest, but the World Cup sped that timetable up.

I'd argue that it's based on more than "one good performance," of course. He was impressive in all of his appearances for the US, it's just that the Belgium one was the longest. Plus, Pochettino got to watch Yedlin play in person just a month ago, and Spurs hadn't been mentioned amongst the clubs that had been showing interest before that happened. Defensively/positionally he has a lot of room to grow but I'm pretty confident he'll get there, especially if Pochettino is the one helping him develop.

For the money spent, it's a very worthwhile investment for Spurs.

• Like 2

• Admin
AC Milan have signed Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez for an undisclosed fee.
Swansea City are closing in on the signing of Argentina defender Federico Fernandez from Italian side Napoli in a deal worth about £7m.
Everton have signed Chelsea's Ghana winger Christian Atsu on a season-long loan deal.
Ched Evans has said that he wants to play for Sheffield Utd again in October when he is released from prison in October after being convicted of rape. Over 50,000 have signed a petition stating that they do not want him back at the club.
Leeds United have signed Chesterfield defender Liam Cooper for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract.

Everton have signed Chelsea's Ghana winger Christian Atsu on a season-long loan deal.

Christian Not Atsunderland, then. :(

Going to keep my eye on him this season - he's impressed everywhere else so far.

Going to keep my eye on him this season - he's impressed everywhere else so far.

See, he's one of those no-brain pacy wingers that I don't like. I doubt he's ever gonna break into the Chelsea setup.

See, he's one of those no-brain pacy wingers that I don't like. I doubt he's ever gonna break into the Chelsea setup.

He's coming up through the Chelsea youth system, of course he's never going to break into the Chelsea setup.

• Like 1

:/

Signed from Porto for £3.5m. Spends one year at Vitesse, impresses at the World Cup, now has a Premier League loan.

Clearly Nerf is jealous of our good business, hateful at his newfound Evertonian connection, and downright loathing of his short, uncomplicated surname.

• Like 6

• Admin

Sporting have revealed that they have cancelled their contract with the company that owned 75% of Marcos Rojo's rights, meaning they will now receive 100% of any fee and can stand firm as they wait for a suitable offer to be table.

Sky sources report that Norwich winger Anthony Pilkington and Reading defender Sean Morrison are currently undergoing medicals at Cardiff.