The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

He already had 4 years left on his deal. All this means is that Barcelona are giving him the GDP of a slightly larger country than they had been previous, for an extra year.

Edited by TCO

It's a shame to think he will probably never play in another league.

Not really, Barcalona is his club and in his heart. Why would he want to move anywhere else when he can play for the club he adores and gets paid the amounts he does for them?

It's a shame to think he will probably never play in another league.

Not really, Barcalona is his club and in his heart. Why would he want to move anywhere else when he can play for the club he adores and gets paid the amounts he does for them?

I have no idea. It's just something I would like to see.

I, on the other hand, hope he never leaves Barcelona. There aren't enough one-club men these days and can you imagine the goalscoring record he might have there if he spends his entire career with the club?

Plus, it'd just be weird seeing Messi playing for PSG or Man City or whoever.

• Like 1

Liverpool are going to trigger Valencia's midfielder Dani Parejo 20m release clause.

Everton and Newcastle are interested in signing Tottenham's Andros Townsend on loan. The Toffees are also looking at Wilfried Bony as one of Lukaku's possible replacements.

Stoke City is signing Steve Sidwell on a free.

Brighton want Tim Sherwood to be their manager for next season.

Newcastle are going to make a move for West Brom striker Saido Berahino. I think he's awesome.

Manchester City will finalise Sagna's signing after the FA Cup Final.

Liverpool and Arsenal will battle for the signing of Salomon Kalou.

Louis Van Gaal's targets for Man Utd this summer are:

• Arjen Robben
  • Thomas Muller ( lol )
  • Matt Hummels ( lol? )
  • Luke Shaw
  • Toni Kroos

Eh if I were him I'd move on at some point. He's literally done everything he can there twice, it's a short career so I'd definitely ply my trade elsewhere for a spell of it.

I think a lot of people forget that footballers are real humans. Messi has a young family and he might not want to uproot them. Things aren't always motivated by football reasons. It might not be a straightforward as a lack of ambition or having limited horizons.

Pierre-Michel Lasogga (of Hertha BSC) apparently looking into moving to EPL. Scored 13 goals in 20 apps in the Bundesliga. Liverpool, Newcastle and Southampton are reportedly interested.
Pochettino likely to leave for Tottenham. And if he does, we'll probably lose our best players (Lallana, Shaw, Lovren).

If you're Messi why would you leave? You're at one of the biggest clubs in world football who compete for the biggest trophies year in, year out plus you live in one of the best cities in Europe. Manchester or Paris don't have the same quality of life as you find in Barca.