2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

The only player I'd be upset with is a tackle. Don't think I could live with 2 top 3 tackles in a row.

I like a lot of these players, I don't get the hate for Manziel either. I really think he can be a good player in the NFL.

I don't hate Manziel but I've also watched more than my fair share of him in college. If you go by his highlight reel, he may be an NFL quarterback. But there was very little he did in college that will fly in the pros. He's not going to run circles around the defense. He's not going to throw it up and hope the best athlete on the field (Mike Evans at A&M) grabs it over the lesser athletic kids that will never play on Sudays.

There have been several quarterbacks that played like him in college that never came close to making it in the NFL. I'm guessing now it's different because he's white? I don't know. Not saying that is the reason, but I'm sure if he was black, more people would have their doubts.

Throw me under the bus if he becomes anything more than a back up in this league, but from all the games that I sat there and watched him play, I don't see it happening.

Edited by Don Meaconly

I disagree. I think Manziel is smart enough to know what players he's playing against and play the game to his advantage.

His passing is very good for the style of quarterback he is, he isn't Tebow who can't throw the ball and has one of the strongest arms in this class.

I will flip my shit if we take Ebron. Not really, but it is the worst pick we could make.

Part of why we constantly draft WRs is because we draft poorly at that position. Titus Young anybody? Charles Rogers? Mike Williams? Ryan Broyles? But yeah, given our current offense, if Stafford can't succeed with two good RBs that can catch, a solid TE, a TE that is now an established red zone threat, Calvin fucking Johnson, Golden Tate, and an offensive line that is suddenly the strongest unit on the team then he is the fucking problem.

I do understand that we no depth at WR though after Tate and Calvin, so I am cool with then grabbing one early, but don't reach and don't sacrifice picks to get there.

Speaking of QB, I hope we use one of those fourth rounders we have to get a QB we can groom as a backup. I hear we like the guys from LSU and Georgia. Ideally, I hope we grab BPA at 10 that isn't a TE, Kyle VanNoy in Round 2, a WR, and a center for the future. Anything else would be gravy.

I disagree. I think Manziel is smart enough to know what players he's playing against and play the game to his advantage.

His passing is very good for the style of quarterback he is, he isn't Tebow who can't throw the ball and has one of the strongest arms in this class.

Agree to disagree, then. I can only say what I've seen from the kid. And what I've seen doesn't usually translate to professional success.

I don't hate Manziel but I've also watched more than my fair share of him in college. If you go by his highlight reel, he may be an NFL quarterback. But there was very little he did in college that will fly in the pros. He's not going to run circles around the defense. He's not going to throw it up and hope the best athlete on the field (Mike Evans at A&M) grabs it over the lesser athletic kids that will never play on Sudays.

There have been several quarterbacks that played like him in college that never came close to making it in the NFL. I'm guessing now it's different because he's white? I don't know. Not saying that is the reason, but I'm sure if he was black, more people would have their doubts.

There are a ton of doubts surrounding Manziel. Tune into ESPN for five minutes and it will be discussed to death. Regardless of what I think about his play, the sense I've always gotten is that he just has that "IT" factor and charisma that draws fans and ownership-types towards him. A know a year ago the guy was listed as a 3rd round pick in some mocks, and I'm pretty sure a lot of scouts and GMs may agree with that, but if an owner loves him there's going to pressure to take him. I believe I read that's the current dynamic going on in Cleveland, with Haslam loving Manziel but the management not so much. The success of a smaller guy like Russell Wilson also helps his cause draft stock-wise, even though they're completely different players.

Agree to disagree, then. I can only say what I've seen from the kid. And what I've seen doesn't usually translate to professional success.

I just found Manziel to be like countless college players who came before him who didn't make it in the pros. Hell the Ravens have a Manziel-clone in Tyrod Taylor who every fucking Hokie in this region swears could start on any NFL team to this day. The thing with these QBs in college is that you can stockpile talent on your offense unlike you can in the pros (Mike Evans and Luke Joeckel being huge parts of his success, especially in his Heisman year) and you can look magnificent against slower, less-talented defenders who will never make it to the pros.

I have been firmly in the corner that it's different now because it's a white QB too. People, foolishly and ignorant, seem to be convincing themselves that means he's smarter and more capable of being a franchise QB. Not everyone, but a ton, and it's obvious that's how they reach their conclusion.

• Like 1

OKAY. In the interest of Discussion, I, Football Expert GoGo Yubari will offer my Expert Draft Analysis based entirely on the names of the players because I haven't seen a single one of them actually play. GET READY.

• Like 5

OKAY. In the interest of Discussion, I, Football Expert GoGo Yubari will offer my Expert Draft Analysis based entirely on the names of the players because I haven't seen a single one of them actually play. GET READY.

I expect you'll pay significant attention to their choice of theme music as well? Otherwise, this is a joke and I will not be able to take you seriously.

• Like 1

the booing Goodell gets lol

Thanks to Dan Hanzus at Around The League, we know the walkup songs picked by NFL draft prospects at Radio City Music Hall before they cross the stage. You can probably guess Johnny Manziel's pick without looking.

Odell Beckham Jr.: "The Sky's The Limit" - Lil Wayne

Blake Bortles: "Blow Up" - J. Cole

Teddy Bridgewater: "The World's Greatest" - R. Kelly

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix: "Never Would Have Made It" - Marvin Sapp

Jadeveon Clowney: "The Man" - Aloe Blacc [Probably a dumb commercial in the making.]

Brandin Cooks and Ryan Shazier: "Everythang" - Young Jeezy

Kony Ealy: "Money Baby" - K Camp

Eric Ebron: "They Don't Love You No More" - DJ Khaled

Mike Evans: "Trophies" - Young Money feat. Drake

Kyler Fuller and Ra'Shede Hageman: "We Made It" - Drake feat. Soulja Boy

Jimmy Garoppolo: "Good Life" - Kanye West feat. T-Pain

Justin Gilbert: "We Dem Boyz" - Wiz Khalifa

Cyrus Kouandjio: "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons

Cody Latimer: "Everyday" - Ace Hood

Marqise Lee: "Handsome & Wealthy" - Migos

Taylor Lewan: "Rock City" - Kings Of Leon [Worst.]

Khalil Mack and Greg Robinson: "Happy" - Pharrell Williams

Johnny Manziel: "Draft Day" - Drake [Of course.]

Jake Matthews: "Going The Distance" - Bill Conti

Jordan Matthews: "Through The Wire" - Kanye West [Best.]

Morgan Moses: "Sideline Story" - J. Cole

C.J. Mosley: "My Favorite Song" - Wiz Khalifa

Calvin Pryor: "Dreams & Nightmares" - Meek Mill

Bradley Roby: "Believe Me" - Drake feat. Lil Wayne

Jason Verrett: "Icy" - Gucci Mane

Sammy Watkins: "Look What You've Done" - Drake

I expect you'll pay significant attention to their choice of theme music as well? Otherwise, this is a joke and I will not be able to take you seriously.

Of course. It would be irresponsible to do otherwise.

• Like 1

I was actually thinking of puting that in spoilers. Should I?

Of course. It would be irresponsible to do otherwise.

I want your opinion on HaHa Clinton-Dix now. I can't wait the two or three hours until he gets picked. Give us a preview!