2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

That's just some bs SI posted. He said on video if the Texans pass on him he hopes to go to Jax to make them pay for it.

I think he'll be a good pro, don't think we'll take him third but I'd be fairly happy with it.

Edited by Dan

After Robinson, most mocks I've seen have the next 3 OL going in different orders. I have to think the Giants will get either Matthews, Lewan, or Martin depending on how the board shakes out. Martin the most likely.

They would jump for joy if Mike Evans was still there, but that seems highly unlikely. Probably have to jump ahead of TB to get him. No way the Giants do that...but paying the Bucs back for stealing Doug Martin a few years ago would be great.

I've long said I'd love Ebron to finally stabilize the TE position but he'll probably be gone by then and I don't think Reese would draft a TE in the first, he seems content with a revolving door.

If #12 arrives and Evans, Ebron, and the 3 OL are all gone...shit. Giants might just trade back at that point.

As much as I'd love it, there's no way Evans makes it to 12, unless there's a scramble for QBs or something unexpected. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes much earlier than that, depending on where Watkins goes. I'm the same though, I'd happily take any of the premier OTs or Ebron too.

Preferably a tackle because there's depth a stating TE can be snagged in the 2nd.

I was reading the other day that both the Lions and Bills were considering attempting to trade into the top 5. I can only assume the Lions would be trying to grab Watkins or Evans by doing that. Kalil for the Bills maybe?

It still confuses me why the Lions are apparently eager to land a WR when they they've got Megatron and Golden Tate yet have so many other holes to fill. Leave the receivers to those of us that need them!

Is there any chance Dallas takes Manziel if he slides to 16? They surely don't need him with Romo locked up on a large deal, but I'm not 100% sure Double J would pass either.

It still confuses me why the Lions are apparently eager to land a WR when they they've got Megatron and Golden Tate yet have so many other holes to fill. Leave the receivers to those of us that need them!

The Lions have always loved receivers. They burned a few top 10 picks in the mid-2000s on bust receivers they didn't need. (Mike and Roy Williams, Charles Rodgers) Well, Roy Williams wasn't a bust, but he didn't exactly stay long either. At the rate they drafted wide receivers it's shocking it took them so long to get a Calvin Johnson.

If Manziel is there the Cowboys will either take him (please please please) or trade the pick immediately to a team that wants him.

I hate the idea that the Cowboys drafting a QB this year would be a waste, as if they are one player away from contending. There's a ton of holes and our old players aren't getting any better, rebuilding is coming, if you can lock down a future starting QB now, you do it and it could ease the rebuilding burden.

How long does the draft show go on for? Over here it appears to be starting at midnight until 04:30, will that be the main chunk of the action or will there be a lot of puff pieces beforehand with the first pick being at 01:00 or something?

That's what I was thinking. We need a corner and a safety before we think about anothe receiver! Besides, Tate is flipping good #2, and we have two solid TEs, and a back up WR (Durham) who can occasionally make plays. With Bell and Bush as a 1-2 running game attack (and both of them can catch too!) I'm not sure why we're bothering.

How long does the draft show go on for? Over here it appears to be starting at midnight until 04:30, will that be the main chunk of the action or will there be a lot of puff pieces beforehand with the first pick being at 01:00 or something?

Texans go on the clock at 1:00 our time so there'll be a bit of a pre-show on Sky. There's no real telling from there how long teams will take to pick.

Draft picks are getting their own theme music (song of their choice) to play when they get picked tonight. This isn't the WWE draft lottery. That sounds ridiculously lame.

No it sounds awesome, shut your face. I want pyro also, and confetti.

"With the first over-all pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select...Jadeveon Clowny!"

*music hits*

RAW_995_Photo_060.jpg

"My client, JADEVEON CLOWNY defeated Wisconsin in the Capitol One Bowl!"

• Like 1

If just one person comes out to something insane and ridiculous I'll be able to put up with like twenty of the other draft picks coming out to Drake.