2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Sunday, Nov. 30 at Jacksonville, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 7 at Tennessee, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 14 vs. WASHINGTON, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 21 at St. Louis, 4:05 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. PHILADELPHIA, 1 p.m.

If the Giants play half decent the first 11 weeks then we're in good shape with those five games to end the year.

Playoffs? Playoffs?!

Has there ever been a team that's played two Thursday games in a row like the Cowboys are scheduled to do this year? It's the first I've heard of it, and it's definitely the first time it's happened after a Thanksgiving game.

Goodell said this week that the league would consider adding a FOURTH day to the NFL Draft. When I initially saw the headline I thought maybe that meant they'd add more rounds since there are a lot of guys who go undrafted who wind up being pretty good finds. But nope, it would still be 7 rounds.

I'm assuming that means that the 2nd round would get its own day as well. And then you'd do Rounds 3-4 and 5-7 in the final two days. Or Round 3 gets its own day with 4-7 on the final day.

Either way, that would be ridiculous - even more than it already is. At that point you may as well just stretch it out over a week and do a round a day.

• Like 1

Goodell said this week that the league would consider adding a FOURTH day to the NFL Draft. When I initially saw the headline I thought maybe that meant they'd add more rounds since there are a lot of guys who go undrafted who wind up being pretty good finds. But nope, it would still be 7 rounds.

I'm assuming that means that the 2nd round would get its own day as well. And then you'd do Rounds 3-4 and 5-7 in the final two days. Or Round 3 gets its own day with 4-7 on the final day.

Either way, that would be ridiculous - even more than it already is. At that point you may as well just stretch it out over a week and do a round a day.

1st, then 2nd and 3rd, then 4th and 5th, then 6th and 7th.

I love the draft so I'd probably enjoy it. I like the period inbetween days to read up on the draftees.

I find myself getting comically frustrated late in the draft because there will be a mid-level draftee that I watched a lot in college who I feel has sneaky high upside and I'll watch as the Giants pass on them round after round. Of course the player then winds up flaking out and I feel like an idiot, anyway.

I am so over the NFL Draft. It's only fun because I like to see where college players I like go. NBA Draft has the entire fate of franchises hanging in the balance, you rarely get that in the NFL Draft.

The NFL Draft is so over you, damshow. :angry:

Why did they push the date back so late, though? The wait feels like forever as it is.

I am so over the NFL Draft. It's only fun because I like to see where college players I like go. NBA Draft has the entire fate of franchises hanging in the balance, you rarely get that in the NFL Draft.

The NFL Draft is so over you, damshow. :angry:

Why did they push the date back so late, though? The wait feels like forever as it is.

Radio City Music Hall was booked for the regular week. Must be a hell of a show to bump the NFL out of the building.