2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Well Mr Kaep can kiss most (if not all) of those endorsements good bye. Guilty or not, his national endorsement career is more than likely tarnished forever. Though I can't feel too sorry for him... he is about to cash in on a 100 million dollar contract. I think he will be fine, so will the Niners. Big Ben's deal was 1,000x worse and they managed just fine.

Also, how long will be until Richard Sherman posts something about this?

Really? Kobe Bryant seems to be doing okay endorsement-wise.

Never mind the fact that this is in the early stages so we don't even know the extent of his involvement in anything that went down. If anything did at all because they're still investigating if an actual assault even happened.

Well Mr Kaep can kiss most (if not all) of those endorsements good bye. Guilty or not, his national endorsement career is more than likely tarnished forever. Though I can't feel too sorry for him... he is about to cash in on a 100 million dollar contract. I think he will be fine, so will the Niners. Big Ben's deal was 1,000x worse and they managed just fine.

Also, how long will be until Richard Sherman posts something about this?

Really? Kobe Bryant seems to be doing okay endorsement-wise.

Never mind the fact that this is in the early stages so we don't even know the extent of his involvement in anything that went down. If anything did at all because they're still investigating if an actual assault even happened.

Yeah I have my doubts this will affect much of his endorsement deals unless proven guilty and a lot of dirt comes out.

So Aldon Smith is probably going to jail. He was at LAX and when they called him over for a second pat down or something like that he said he had a bomb.

From the sounds of it, he's an absolute idiot. I've read he could do as much as a year for it.

Yeah, sounds a lot like he just got frustrated and snapped (ala Meet the Parents). Certainly not a smart move but I doubt he sees jail time because of it. However, if he was drinking like has been suspected, I could see a lengthy absence in his future because at that point it would be obvious that rehab didn't help enough last year.

I was just going to make another "McCown signs with the Bucs joke", but this is actually an interesting sidenote. People on SBNation have posted some of his post-signing comments and they point quite strongly towards TB not taking a quarterback at the draft. It might be a moot point anyway if Bridgewater/Bortles/Manziel all go early, but I find it interesting that McCown seems to know about their plans.

I'm seeing a lot of talk about Bridgewater sliding into the second round. I fully expect Josh McCown to revert to being Josh McCown if named the starter of the Bucs.

• Like 1

Voila_Capture-2014-04-17_04-19-03_PM.jpg

• Like 1

I'm seeing a lot of talk about Bridgewater sliding into the second round. I fully expect Josh McCown to revert to being Josh McCown if named the starter of the Bucs.

I saw Kiper's Mock Draft on the Bottomline all day and he has Bridgewater slipping to Houston at #33 (first pick in the 2nd round). Seriously, the hell is up with Kiper? How is Bridgewater the 33rd pick in the draft, but that "Bust-In-The-Wind" Manziel a 4th pick to Cleveland?