2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Devin Hester to the Falcons. Three years, can't be arsed to find the money as it's probably way too much for a guy who is having his role phased out.

If he could manage to catch one long throw some point early in the season, I could see him as a 'stretch-the-field' backup for when Jones has to rest. Hell, he could be a decent safety with his speed, but those aren't waters I want to tread just yet.

Didn't see that coming. Given the stages in their career they're at right now I'd much rather have Allen than Peppers, especially at half the price. Plus he won't be sacking Jay no more. :w00t:

• Like 1

MJD is a Raider, glad for him as he's going back to Cal.

Going to miss him, my first favourite player and first jersey I purchased. Strangely enough I'm wearing the latest Jags MJD jersey today, kinda feels right >_>

Heh, he's leaving as the Jags are on an upturn too which is a shame but he's past his best and I think we've made a good move bringing in Gerhart.

I visit r/NFL quite a bit and it's strange seeing the amount of positive things being said about the Jags. This upcoming draft is huge for the team, 11 draft picks can go a long way!

You'd think after a career in Jacksonville, he'd want to finish out his career with a winner...

The Raiders were his favorite team growing up and he supposedly cut John Madden's lawn as a kid so he obviously has a personal tie to them. If you can't join a contender (which of them has an opening at RB that would warrant the money the team would end up spending to sign him?), that's the second choice.

You'd think after a career in Jacksonville, he'd want to finish out his career with a winner...

The Raiders were his favorite team growing up and he supposedly cut John Madden's lawn as a kid so he obviously has a personal tie to them. If you can't join a contender (which of them has an opening at RB that would warrant the money the team would end up spending to sign him?), that's the second choice.

His second son is called Madden :P

What's the expectation with the Jags for their first draft pick? The Browns are the pick after, and the chatter I've read is so scattered. We seem to be drafting everyone!

Eh, it's up in the air at the minute. Bridgewater/Mack/Clowney/Manziel/Bortles/Watkins are the 6 most popular names I've seen.

If the Texans don't take Clowney, I think he's going second. Who to, I have no idea! I think the temptation to trade down might be too much if the Texans go QB, even if the Rams don't want him.

St. Louis should really abide by the take the best talent available rule. How is the decision to keep rolling with Bradford working out?

Bradford deserves another year. The injuries have been really shit luck, and while he may not be setting the world on fire out there, he hasn't had much talent around him either.