EWB's Top 51 TV Shows of 2013: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Well, it made it last year, so...

Arrow_zps1fe1b080.jpg

10. Arrow (105 pts, appeared on eight ballots) (Last Year: #43)

DoctorWho_zpsbd92e32c.jpg

9. Doctor Who (105 pts, appeared on nine ballots) (Last Year: #16)

BrooklynNineNine_zps4eaa6816.jpg

8. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (117 pts, appeared on fifteen ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

Justified_zps4c6422d1.jpg

7. Justified (121 pts, appeared on eleven ballots) (Last Year: #10)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 51 TV Shows of 2013: So you can all go (bleep) yourselves! ... what? Sure. Please welcome the talented voices of Phineas and Ferb. Go (bleep) yourself!

I just have really no interest in Doctor Who but what a group outside of that!

You don't know how tempted I was to just put Arrow at #1 because it's growth in 2013 was tremendous. The crazy part is, 2014 looks to be even better!

I may have actually misspoke earlier when I said Archer was the best comedy of the year by far because Brooklyn Nine-Nine is fantastic. I'm a big fan of Parks and Rec but B99 has honestly already surpassed it. The ease at which the ensemble has gelled is pretty remarkable and should get even better as it progresses. All signs are pointing towards a renewal too (according to this).

I probably don't have to say much about Justified, as my admiration for the show is well-documented. I know that I can get a little excessive about recommending it but it's only because it's criminally underrated. Though, my charms are obviously working as the show continues to climb up the rankings! Seriously though, it's great seeing the show get more love and I appreciate the fact that some of you have actually listened to me. :P

Arrow has been on awesome form, and the mid-season finale more than justifies it's top 10 spot.

Doctor Who (I have that picture on my wallet!) was good, but I don't think it was top 10 worthy this year. The anniversary was fun for it's big moments, but generally the episodes were pretty average.

B99 is something I'll be watching as soon as it airs over here, it looks fantastic.

I've only heard of Justified and don't know what it is.

My wife loves Arrow, but I can't watch it week-to-week because our cable company doesn't have The CW in HD and it looks like shit. I picked up the Blu-ray for $15 on Black Friday though, so I'll be burning through Season 1 soon enough.

I know people love Doctor Who, I'm just not ready to devote myself to some other nerd phenomenon.

I liked the first few episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, just didn't have room on the DVR for it. Hopefully it'll be on Netflix.

Justified is the most underrated show on television, period.

Never cared about Dr. Who, will never care about Dr. Who. BBC production budgets and bottom barrel casting for anyone not remotely important ensures I never will.

Arrow is pretty much the best action show on television right now and it's definitely the best superhero show to ever be on the small screen. Started of rough, but the ridiculous jump in position on this list really goes to show just how much better it got. It's kind of incredible. Season 1 started off not great, but midway through it got so much better. And Season 2 is just amazing.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine I like a lot. It never really gets me laughing out loud, but I always make sure to watch it each week. Terry Crews is easily the strongest part of it, though. Which says a lot because the rest of the cast is pretty great too.

I do love Justified, though I'm weirdly not that psyched for it's return. I'm hoping the first episode of this season changes that. It's definitely one that came out of nowhere and really hit it out of the park.

• Like 1

I know you can watch episodes on Fox.com, but they expire something like 2 months after going up on their website. Some shit like that.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is fantastic. Never cared about Dr. Who. I liked what I saw of Arrow (the first like.. four episodes >_>) but haven't gotten past there yet. One day I'll probably sit down and start it on Netflix.

I'll eventually check Justified out. There's a new season coming up, right? Maybe I'll try to fit it in between now and the new season. I dunno.

I need to get around to checking out Brooklyn Nine Nine. I've watched that one clip in GoGo's sig like ten times, but its not on Hulu or Netflix so I've put it off.

Erm...

I guess outside of the last 5 it's only Hulu Plus but you can get free trials for that and just cancel if you really wanted to watch it (which I would suggest).

I need to get around to checking out Brooklyn Nine Nine. I've watched that one clip in GoGo's sig like ten times, but its not on Hulu or Netflix so I've put it off.

It's on Hulu! Just use a Hulu Plus trial and catch up.

In terms of improvement between last year's list and this year's list, Arrow's spots in both are really justified. It's become a really good superhero show with a pretty strong cast and willingness to not drag out obvious plot points foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever (TAKE NOTES AGENTS OF SHIELD). The midseason finale was straight-up wonderful.

I am stuck in Doctor Who limbo because the Second Doctor serials that I need to watch have vanished from Netflix's DVD queue and are inexplicably not on Hulu Plus. It sucks.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the best new show of the season. Tremendous ensemble and it's hitting its stride astonishingly quickly.

I picked a shitty generic picture for Justified because I don't want to get spoiled on season 4 because I still have a DVD's worth of season 3 to watch. My hope is to be fully caught up by the end of the year at the very latest.

It's not official until I post it. Maybe it'd be official when you posted if it if you changed your username to Gina Livnetti or something like that. Get with the times.

• Like 2

It's not official until I post it. Maybe it'd be official when you posted if it if you changed your username to Gina Livnetti or something like that. Get with the times.

Hmmm...I have been trying to think of a new name.

okay I've recovered from wrestling stuff time for this stuff too now LET'S GO

MadMen_zpsab793852.jpg

6. Mad Men (126 pts, appeared on ten ballots) (Last Year: #8)

ArrestedDevelopment_zpse519c695.jpg

5. Arrested Development (142 pts, appeared on fifteen ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

ParksandRecreation_zps48c5d62c.jpg

4. Parks and Recreation (142 pts, appeared on seventeen ballots) (Last Year: #5)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 51 TV Shows of 2013: The Lannisters send their regards.

Yes, yes, and yes.

AD had a PHENOMENAL comeback season by doing something very daring in terms of plot structure. I'd argue it was the best comedy of 2013.

But I still love Parks & Rec, of course. Maybe not its best season, but a damn good one.

Mad Men was wonderful in its own esoteric way. I had no idea where the season was going as it progressed and have no idea where we're headed with next season.

Stellar group.