January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

yohan_cabayecbpdotblogspotdotcom.jpg

:crying:

A long, long time ago

I still remember how this signing would make Gazz smile.

But I knew if he had half a chance

Yohan would dash back home, just for the cash

Maybe that'd make him happy...for a while.

Now February will see Gazz shiver,

Each year here on, fresh pain delivered

Bad memories sprung to mind

For all the toon and their kind

We all stood by while Colly cried

He sat in despair, his reality denied.

His heart was clattered deep inside

The day, the two-footer died.

So bye-bye Mr Yohan Cabaye

Doesn't matter, who he clatters, with that Gazz-swooning smile

He's going back home, where the wage is sky-high

Singing "I'm never coming back to Tyneside!

I'm never coming back to Tyneside."

• Like 12

yohan_cabayecbpdotblogspotdotcom.jpg

:crying:

A long, long time ago

I still remember how this signing would make Gazz smile.

But I knew if he had half a chance

Yohan would dash back home, just for the cash

Maybe that'd make him happy...for a while.

Now February will see Gazz shiver,

Each year here on, fresh pain delivered

Bad memories sprung to mind

For all the toon and their kind

We all stood by while Colly cried

He sat in despair, his reality denied.

His heart was clattered deep inside

The day, the two-footer died.

So bye-bye Mr Yohan Cabaye

Doesn't matter, who he clatters, with that Gazz-swooning smile

He's going back home, where the wage is sky-high

Singing "I'm never coming back to Tyneside!

I'm never coming back to Tyneside."

You have far too much spare time.

There's a lot of people reading this as part of the 'no ambition, everyone has a price' policy that we seem to have in place, but in this case I struggle to see how we could do much else. He's been here two and a half seasons, played well, and unquestionably should be somewhere better than a team aiming to finish 8th as a successful season. Best of luck to him.

He says as he burns his Cabaye shirt (purchased completely off the back of his first game at Darlington, he was that good) in tears.

• Like 3

Cabaye has been brilliant for the club and deserves to be playing at the highest level. Best of luck to him and I'll happily cheer him on at PSG in the Champions League.

Farewell you beautiful, beautiful man. :(

Glad to see another striker/anybody come in and De Jong as been a target for a long time, so I trust the scouts. If we could just get Cabella or another midfielder in, with Cisse fucking off, it won't be all bad!

Although this photo of him in the cold doesn't fill me with his confidence of his toughness...

Luuk_de_Jong_tegen_Kazan.jpg

David Anderson of The Mirror tweets:

'Mohamed Salah's agent Sascha Empacher has criticised Liverpool, claiming they dithered over the deal. "Two-and-a-half-months, too long".'

Liverpool piss about for two and half months, Chelsea start and finish the deal in two and a half days. (H)

David Anderson of The Mirror tweets:

'Mohamed Salah's agent Sascha Empacher has criticised Liverpool, claiming they dithered over the deal. "Two-and-a-half-months, too long".'

Liverpool piss about for two and half months, Chelsea start and finish the deal in two and a half days. (H)

I glanced at your avatar after reading this. It felt very appropriate.

• Like 1

• Admin

The Odemwingie/Jones swap deal has been completed.

Bournemouth have completed the signing of Tottenham defender Adam Smith for an undisclosed fee. Smith had a spell with the Cherries on loan during the 2010/11 season and has now signed a three-and-a-half year contract at Dean Court.
The odds of Joleon Lescott joining Galatasaray have fallen from 20/1 to 2/1. For what that's worth.
Southampton have cancelled the contract of central defender Aaron Martin. Martin, who has not played for the first team since the club was promoted in 2012, has left to play regular football elsewhere.
Julio Cesar is apparently set to move to Gremio.
Luke Varney is now odds-on to move to Blackburn.
Inter's Ishak Belfodil is rumoured to have traveled to QPR to complete a medical ahead of a loan switch.
Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier may have emerged as a possible replacement for Yohan Cabaye at Newcastle.
Chelsea are preparing to make Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa their primary transfer target this year, according to the Daily Telegraph. With Wayne Rooney looking increasingly likely to sign a new contract at Manchester United, it is reported that a fresh enquiry has been made over Costa. While a deal would almost certainly have to wait until the summer, Chelsea are understood to regard him as an attainable target, with Atletico expected to ask that goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, currently on loan at the Spanish club, be included as part of a deal.

Chelsea are preparing to make Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa their primary transfer target this year, according to the Daily Telegraph. With Wayne Rooney looking increasingly likely to sign a new contract at Manchester United, it is reported that a fresh enquiry has been made over Costa. While a deal would almost certainly have to wait until the summer, Chelsea are understood to regard him as an attainable target, with Atletico expected to ask that goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, currently on loan at the Spanish club, be included as part of a deal.

When asked about this in his pre-match press conference today:

José: "Diego Costa I cannot say anything because he's not my player. About Courtois I can, because he's my player."

Journalist: "Can you see Courtois staying at Atletico Madrid next season?"

José: "No."