January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

Would you have wanted him at Spurz? The cracks were beginning to show in Swansea by that point. I was listening to the Guardian football podcast - I've not checked myself - and they say that Laudrup always does well in his first season but then gets bored and results suffer.

Why have Swansea signed David N'Gog?

Because his name is fun to say.

Even if my ex-gf got me into the very racist habit of saying nig nog. :shifty:

They've suffered a lot of injuries, haven't they?

They do, and also a really tiny squad. I know this because I tried playing a Career Mode with them in Fifa 14 :P They have like 2 fit strikers, one of which is on loan from Getafe, and barely any recognised midfielders beyond their ideal starters, leaving only a couple of viable subs, also one of their handful of midfielders is also a loanee. They have had a lot of injuries especially to their midfield, which made the loaning out of Ki really hurt, but apparently they could not get him back for the remainder of the season.

I read all the other gossip about Laudrup's attitude and track record etc. but regardless of that, he has a very thin squad and its been wrecked by injury, including their top scorer, Michu.

Edited by snakesonaplane