January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

No idea about the legitimitacy of this, but maybe this news story isn't quite done yet.

BREAKING: #Salah is on his way to #LFC after clubs finally reach an agreement. #BASEL #LFC

Click the link to the twitter account. Deleted and backtracking already.

Michael Owen says there's more good news on the way for United, following the Mata arrival.

People have speculated that it could be another big signing, but it could be about Rooney signing a new deal.

Someone replied to his tweet by saying "What's that? You're not commentating on their games any more?" :D

• Like 4

Wouldn't it?

No. I know United are lacking in certain areas but any manager would struggle without Rooney and RVP. He's been able to pair them 8 times in what, 36 games?

Playing Welbeck as a striker so much while Hernandez sits on the bench would be one criticism to make though.

• Like 1

I don't think Hernandez is strong enough to lead the line. I reckon it'll be like the Kagawa situation all over again, the fans beg for him to be played and when he does he doesn't perform as great as they would think.

But I do like Petit Pois, I'd like to see him prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Having one good season a few years ago isn't proving he can do it. He's not done much since.

Alex Ferguson and David Moyes are remarkably better judges of players than we are. Plus they work with him day to day. I'm sure there's a good reason for Hernandez not playing.

One of the reasons I defend Moyes so much is because the popular opinion last season was that without RVP, United would have been fucked, even under Sir Alex's guidance. Luckily, he stayed fit.

Conbined, he and Rooney have missed a big chunk of this season, and low and behold, United are fucked, and Moyes is immediately an easy target/excuse.

Having one good season a few years ago isn't proving he can do it. He's not done much since.

Alex Ferguson and David Moyes are remarkably better judges of players than we are. Plus they work with him day to day. I'm sure there's a good reason for Hernandez not playing.

Yeah, because of Van Persie. Well, that was definitely the case last season, anyway. Even last season, Hernandez had the best goals to minutes ratio in the Premier League. This season, I've no idea what's going on. But last season it was that he was competing with Van Persie for a spot, and even then, as I said, he managed to get the most goals to minutes ratio. I wouldn't call that nothing.

Mourinho on Mata and Salah in today's press conference (in the form of multiple tweet snippets):

"We allowed Juan to travel and have a medical at Manchester United."

"Sooner rather than later, things will be finalised."

"[Mata] is a fantastic player. In spite of not playing much for us, I still think he could be important for us."

"The offer we have received we feel is the right offer for the quality of player."

"It's a good move for Juan, it's good for the Premier League, and the offer is the right offer."

"He was fantastic for Chelsea, and Chelsea were fantastic for him."

"We were not propared to replace Juan in the squad, so things [with Salah] moved very faast."

"I like how [salah] can play the same way our attacking players do, adapting to the left/right, or as a no.10."

"He's fast, he's creative. We believe if he comes, he will need some time to adapt like Willian did."