January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

It's not like Wenger actually means any of that, chances are it's just a quirky thing to say to divert journalists away from awkward questions about the title, winning the FA Cup or any transfers.

Now everyone is all "oh Arsene" and have a wonderful soundbite but not what they originally wanted.

Someone's uncle who lives around the corner from his sister's mate who's got a cousin who saw a car with tinted windows drive in the direction of the training ground.

Jack Barmby, son of Nick, joins Hartlepool United on a month's loan.

Manchester United and Hartlepool United have agreed for young Reds striker Jack Barmby to join the North East club on a month's loan.

The England Under-19 international has not featured extensively this term after unluckily missing out on the UEFA Youth League due to his birth date being in November rather than the turn of the year. The forward has made two substitute appearances for Warren Joyce's Under-21s this season and came off the bench for the last 10 minutes of the Manchester Senior Cup tie win at Bolton Wanderers.

Barmby, whose father Nick played for nearby Middlesbrough, will wear no. 12 for Hartlepool and will be in their squad for this weekend's League Two clash against York City.

We've also signed Nick Williams from 'boro on loan.

Kagawa has had his chances in a variety of positions but more often than not he's just been a passenger during games. Too weak and too slow most of the time.

Weird, that's pretty much the same way Mata's come across this season.

Been with us for a season and a half and still hasn't been given a proper run of games through the middle. Shunted out to the left and also playing in a system that clearly doesn't get the best out of him. You only need to see what he was doing at Dortmund to know how quality he is. World class is obviously going over board, but I'd say him not having top performances lately has more to do with being shunted out left too much, his confidence being low and us insisting on playing a wing based system.

I think you are stretching the term 'world class' a bit much

Best player for his national team, two time Player of the Year in arguably the best league in the world for the champions. Yeah, I don't think I am.

Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, Lisbie, Kagawa.

One of these things is not like the others.

• Like 3