January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

Canal+ apparently reporting that PSG have agreed a 26m euro deal with Newcastle for Cabaye

:(

I'm just surprised Canal+ is still a thing.

I heard that. I don't care if it's 45m. He'd go a long way to helping someone apart from Januzaj (and at times, Valencia) to bring some much needed creativity to the midfield. We need a defender too, but I'd settle for Mata in this window. Will believe it when I see it though!

Daily Mirror believe Head Coach Tim Sherwood has rejected the chance to sign Lille forward Salomon Kalou. #THFC

Tim has some sense! :D He's also told Baldini he wants a British based striker who's ready for the Premier League. Can we take Hernandez off your hands? Only other person I'd be remotely interested in is Jay Rodriquez, but can't see that happening. Unless Lukaku is available. Which he won't be, cos he's awesome.

Also, while we're on Spurs rumours. This one better not have any legs whatsoever.

Daily Mail report Stoke City have asked Tottenham about Lewis Holtby and a permanent deal.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the Mata interest were another leak from Manchester United to carry on their sterling transfer strategy from last summer...

* Give the fans hope for the rest of the window, even if it's entirely hollow.

* Deflect attention from United's own shitness, particularly in the wake of a loss to Chelsea. Of course last summer it was more "Rooney news? Just release lies about Mata to the press - job done".

* When the deal doesn't happen we can pull the hand-wringing "at least we've tried" special out again.

But then maybe I'm wrong and Mata will be joining up with Fabregas and Thiago at United in the coming days.