January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

That's not the point I was making, removing three players (ok, lets just ignore Zaha and say two) from your first team squad and not bringing at least two people in is silly because it thins out the overall squad, it's one thing to say that you've got academy prospects that could fill in better than Nani or Anderson for the occasional match, but it's another to pick up an injury and have to depend on them.

Fair enough, though we'll obviously replace them either way. Anderson can't even get a game when Carrick, Fellaini and Cleverley are all injured at the same time. That speaks volumes really. With Fletcher and Carrick now fit and Fellaini to return, he's got no chance of breaking into the side. So it's a matter of keep him at the club and have him continue to sit on the bench for almost every game, loan him out and try to get him into shape or sell him completely. A loan move for him wouldn't be too bad.

I'd probably agree on the Nani front. I've honestly got no fucking clue what we're actually going to do with him.

• Admin
Molde and Norway midfielder Mats Møller Dæhli has completed his transfer to Cardiff.
Leicester City have signed Riyad Mahrez from French side Le Havre.
Sheffield Wednesday have signed defender Oguchi Onyewu until the end of the season following the expiration of his QPR contract.

Well, they kept that quiet. First I've heard of him leaving at all. Suppose he's become a bit-part player at Newcastle though, so could be a good move for him.

Wait, for serious? Weren't we talking about his goodbye tweet earlier in this thread? Or was that a sarcasm detector malfunction on my part?

• Like 1

Well, they kept that quiet. First I've heard of him leaving at all. Suppose he's become a bit-part player at Newcastle though, so could be a good move for him.

Wait, for serious? Weren't we talking about his goodbye tweet earlier in this thread? Or was that a sarcasm detector malfunction on my part?

Yup, I posted that yesterday. I'm a bit gutted as he was always a hard working genuinely likeable player, but sadly he just completely lost his initial ability to ghost past players without even trying, and Gouffran is now far better. I could actually see him playing centrally for Norwich, he's looked decent there at times in a three man midfield.

I'm probably going to cry when Colo goes. :(

The rumour is its a contractual 'if he plays one more game he gets a new contract' thing, because he's been fit for weeks now and not even making the bench for some reason (at very least he should've started against Cardiff in the cup to give Gouffran a well deserved break). No real idea though since 'lol, Newcastle corporate structure'.

He's one of those players who you rate when he's on the opposition team and you only see snippets of him maybe 3 or 4 times a year on MOTD, but he's basically the Ashley Young of Newcastle, just without the horrific diving and whatnot. Not awful, but he doesn't have much to him other than "running around a lot, covering a lot of ground".

It's a shame, because he could have been a great player, but never really improved from when we signed him as a promising 25 year old winger. I'd have liked to keep him around as a squad player but his wages are far too high to consider that for a brief moment, which partly came down to being signed on a 'free' with him buying out his old contract, only for a tribunal to rule in Mallorca's favour, leaving us paying around £8m for a player on double the wages that were intended.

I missed that, doesn't seem quite so 'out of the blue' now I've seen the tweet.