2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Costa Rica deserved it much more such a shame. Absolutely no clue why Krul was allowed to do all that shit, disgraceful but whatever I hope Messi tears them apart.

Still hope Germany wins it against the Argies.

Kaney, you just hate the Dutch don;t you? You are horrible. PENALTY!

• Like 2

Costa Rica deserved it much more such a shame. Absolutely no clue why Krul was allowed to do all that shit, disgraceful but whatever I hope Messi tears them apart.

''PENALTYYYYYYYY''

-Fms, Rafael

I don't, I just hate Robben and RVP :shifty:

• Like 2

Wow! That was some finish to the game! Well done to Costa Rica for being the team of the tournament. Major props to Van Gaal though for the switch. I have no problem with Krul talking to the pen takers beforehand - it's just psychology. Apparently he was telling them that he knew which way they were going to put it (notice how he dived the correct way for every pen?).

A Holland/Germany final now please oh football Gods.

Argentina v Brazil with an Argentina win would be quite hilarious.

Would still love Holland to pull it off. Sure, they haven't performed in every game, but no one expected them to get this far.

Costa Rica were awesome, but it was far from an injustice with Holland winning on pens last night. They could have won by 3 or 4.

Would still love Holland to pull it off. Sure, they haven't performed in every game, but no one expected them to get this far.

Why is this unexpected? They got to the final last time round, it's not as if they're some diddy team.

Tim Krul! :wub:

Watching it in a bar last night and my heart sank when he came on. I obviously wanted Costa Rica to win up until that point but I couldn't possibly cheer against Krul once he came on. He's a better keeper than Cillissen anyway, I have no idea how he's not their first choice.

But seriously though, Krul! :wub:

To be fair to Baddar, when the groups were drawn everyone thought Spain would win the group, leaving Netherlands to lose in the second round to Brazil. I can see what he's saying. As soon as they beat Spain 5-1 however, people thought they had a chance to get back to the final.

It's utterly brilliant that out of England, Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica - it's Costa Rica that got to the quarter finals.

To be fair to Baddar, when the groups were drawn everyone thought Spain would win the group, leaving Netherlands to lose in the second round to Brazil. I can see what he's saying. As soon as they beat Spain 5-1 however, people thought they had a chance to get back to the final.

That, and back before Spain played Holland, they were saying how Spain hadn't really changed their squad, yet Holland only had 6 or 7 players still there since 2010. They didn't LOOK that strong.

That, and back before Spain played Holland, they were saying how Spain hadn't really changed their squad, yet Holland only had 6 or 7 players still there since 2010. They didn't LOOK that strong.

There were a fair few saying they'd struggle to get out of the group with Spain and Chile in there.