2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Especially lol, second teams when you just pick another good team. Pick someone like Iran instead. Or support whoever you get in the sweepstakes either on here or at work.

People can support whichever team they want to. Back in 2010 I was supporting Japan, this time round I'm backing Belgium because they haven't been in the World Cup Finals for nearly 20 years and I have personal links to the country I'm not gonna go into here. The fact that their captain plays for Manchester City & that they have a really good squad doesn't hurt either

Especially lol, second teams when you just pick another good team. Pick someone like Iran instead. Or support whoever you get in the sweepstakes either on here or at work.

People can support whichever team they want to. Back in 2010 I was supporting Japan, this time round I'm backing Belgium because they haven't been in the World Cup Finals for nearly 20 years and I have personal links to the country I'm not gonna go into here. The fact that their captain plays for Manchester City & that they have a really good squad doesn't hurt either

Nearly 20? Try 12. :/

Is it ok to have a third team if neither my first or second teams made the World Cup?

• Like 1

Odd, I could have sworn people had said that Belgium hadn't qualified for the finals since 1990, but a quick check on Wiki states that their last tournament was 2002. I guess I was mistaken. I'm still supporting Belgium though, for the reasons I stated earlier

Is it ok to have a third team if neither my first or second teams made the World Cup?

Yeah, you get Iran. :P

Odd, I could have sworn people had said that Belgium hadn't qualified for the finals since 1990, but a quick check on Wiki states that their last tournament was 2002. I guess I was mistaken. I'm still supporting Belgium though, for the reasons I stated earlier

I had to wiki it myself, as I didn't realize about 2002 (as Holland didn't qualify and the matches were on in the middle of the night), but I remember '98 because Collina sent off Kluivert in a bullshit call. :shifty:

Can I pick Belgium as my first team since I don't really care about England all that much?
  • Like 2

I guess my second team is Brazil, but because of the Chelsea boys rather than how likely the team is to win.

Belgium might have been a contender had most of its Chelsea contingent not either been kept peripheral on loan (Lukaku, Courtois) or indeed left the club entirely (KDB). :shifty:

I guess my second team is Brazil, but because of the Chelsea boys rather than how likely the team is to win.

This is why I'm supporting Germany, because of the Arsenal players, but I actually think thats a decent England side despite all earlier joshing. I hope Spain don't win it but as long as you lot don't, I'm happy.

Can I pick Belgium as my first team since I don't really care about England all that much?

No. You get, erm, lets say, South Korea.

I'm having a second, third, forth, right through to thirty-second team, just to be on the safe side.

Why steal linekers gimmick? :/

• Like 4