2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Italy beats Costa Rica and Uruguay.

We beat Costa Rica.

Three way tie for 2nd.

Doesn't results between teams seperate rather than goal difference at the World Cup?

I've never really paid attention since on FM I always finish with 9pts. :shifty:

Italy beats Costa Rica by a 2 goal difference (I suppose, but 1 will do), Uruguay loses to Italy by 1, and England will have to go full atack mode on Costa Rica.

But you guys shouldn't worry, Gerrard will be gone after that and you can hope people will deem Wayne Rooney 'too old' by the time Euro 2016 starts.

Joe Hart. You are so bad. On his arse before Suarez even drew his foot back.

:lol: Of all the things to criticise, you picked this?

I picked it as A thing to criticise. I didn't say it was the only thing. From a goalkeeping standpoint, it's fucking abysmal.

It really isn't.

Personally, he needed to make himself big. He went early and left a larger area for Suarez to hit it at.

Baddar had it right though, he was damned whatever he did. It was saveable though.

Italy beats Costa Rica and Uruguay.

We beat Costa Rica.

Three way tie for 2nd.

Doesn't results between teams seperate rather than goal difference at the World Cup?

I've never really paid attention since on FM I always finish with 9pts. :shifty:

No, GD first.

Can honestly see a 2-0 tomorrow in Italy's favour, as well as a 2-0 in England's favour against Costa Rica.

All depends on Italy-Uruguay then which could go either or neither way really, but I'd rather be relying on an Italian win than the other way around.

In that case, I hope Italy and Costa Rica draw. Maybe then English football will get the kick up the arse it needs.

More than likely though, we'll just blame Suarez for being too good for England at 70% fitness. Got to have a hate figure since no one got sent off or missed a penalty.

Remember all the pundits dribbling on about Uruguay's age and lack of pace, how many times did England get in behind them? Zero. Mugs.

• Admin

England fans do not despair. Even in defeat to Uruguay tonight, qualification is possible.

There are presently 81 different permutations for Group D.

Should England lose to Uruguay in Sao Paulo, they will need Italy to beat Costa Rica on Friday.

Then England must overcome Costa Rica next Tuesday and hope Italy simultaneously defeat Uruguay.

If level, goal difference splits teams, then goals scored, finally results and goals in games involving the teams concerned.

Should England draw tonight, they would finish level with Uruguay at worst with victory against a Costa Rican side beaten by Italy.

If England win, a draw against Costa Rica could be enough, depending on goal difference.

Yeah, I fancy Italy to beat Costa Rica.

The issue will be whether they beat Uruguay. I guess that they'd need to go for it, due to Costa Rica and Uruguay getting potentially six if they defeat England and Italy.

In that case, I hope Italy and Costa Rica draw. Maybe then English football will get the kick up the arse it needs.

More than likely though, we'll just blame Suarez for being too good for England at 70% fitness. Got to have a hate figure since no one got sent off or missed a penalty.

Remember all the pundits dribbling on about Uruguay's age and lack of pace, how many times did England get in behind them? Zero. Mugs.

You guys failed to qualify to '78 with Kevin Keegan, you didn't change.

You guys failed to qualify to '94 with a young Shearer, you didn't change.

You guys failed to qualify to Euro '08 with Gerrard and Lampard at their peaks, you didn't change.

Why do you think now it's different?

Busting out the Italy top for the next 2 games.

I see them beating Costa Rica and drawing with Uruguay though.

It's a shame we couldn't score when we had a lot of pressure. Possession stats where Spain-like and Uruguay where pretty shit and only had 2 shots on target as far as I know.

Are you joking Rafa? England where probably the best team at Italia 1990 and really should have won it, very very unlucky that year.

1978 and 1994 has nothing to with 2014. Nothing.

Edited by Dan

You guys failed to qualify to Euro '08 with Gerrard and Lampard at their peaks, you didn't change.

It isn't. Every time England fail we console ourselves with the idea it'll be the catalyst for change.

It won't happen. It'll never happen. England finally get a group of exciting young players and they end up in the hands of Roy Hodgson..

Busting out the Italy top for the next 2 games.

I see them beating Costa Rica and drawing with Uruguay though.

It's a shame we couldn't score when we had a lot of pressure. Possession stats where Spain-like and Uruguay where pretty shit and only had 2 shots on target as far as I know.

Are you joking Rafa? England where probably the best team at Italia 1990 and really should have won it, very very unlucky that year.

1978 and 1994 has nothing to with 2014. Nothing.

Were we the best team at Italia 90?

Got out of a group containing Egypt and the Republic of Ireland with just 4 points, then got taken to extra time by Belgium and Cameroon.

It isn't. Every time England fail we console ourselves with the idea it'll be the catalyst for change.

It won't happen. It'll never happen. England finally get a group of exciting young players and they end up in the hands of Roy Hodgson..

As Gazz said, the manager can't be to blame for the fact that the passing was shit, the crossing was shit, the pace was shit and the general movement was shit.

At times, and as much as you hate Hodgson, you've got to realise that the players are professionals, and should be able to kick a ball around to a decent level, irrelevant of the man on the touchline.

• Like 2