2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

You can only blame the manager so much when the apparent eleven best footballers the nation can provide CANNOT PASS A FUCKING FOOTBALL. The blame lies much deeper than the bloke on the bench in a suit.

I wasn't really blaming him for this one match. I more meant, wouldn't a manager more in his prime/or successful be suitable for a country that prides itself on football?

• Admin

You can only blame the manager so much when the apparent eleven best footballers the nation can provide CANNOT PASS A FUCKING FOOTBALL. The blame lies much deeper than the bloke on the bench in a suit.

I wasn't really blaming him for this one match. I more meant, wouldn't a manager more in his prime/or successful be suitable for a country that prides itself on football?

There is no English manager who is good enough, and all the good foreign managers have the common sense to know that the England job is a poisoned chalice.

• Like 1

Rooney's looked our best player from what I've watched (from like 30 mins onwards). He and Henderson are just about the only bright sparks.

He's given it away about five times, shown some terrible touches and fallen on his arse at least twice.

They're so bad the opposition have nearly scored two corners. Not from corners. Actual corner kicks.