2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Brazil have been pretty poor so far, and I'm starting to wonder if they got too cocky with the Confederates Cup by thinking they beat the best team in the world, when in fact they beat a fading giant.

Also wouldn't it be great if Australia pile on the misery by drawing/beating Spain.

I don't think they got cocky because of the win, but because of the way the brazilian media and the people saw it. Great win, but everybody started treating them like they were the football gods.

Duuuuude. Chile never beats us. No matter how good they are and how shit we play, we always beat them.

'98 World Cup - 4-1 Brazil

'07 Copa America- 3-0 and 6-1 Brazil

'10 World Cup - 3-0 Brazil

That and the fact that whenever Chile went to play against us here, they lost 4-0, 5-0 and 4-2.

I suppose the difference is that in the limited sample of games you have chosen, Chile had a poor-to-average team. They are good now.

Are there really people who complain about calling James Rodriguez "Ham-es Rodriguez" instead of the English pronunciation? Are these people just deliberately trying to be annoying?

Doubt it. If BBC listened to complaints, Lawro would be stood in the dole queue right about now.

Are there really people who complain about calling James Rodriguez "Ham-es Rodriguez" instead of the English pronunciation? Are these people just deliberately trying to be annoying?

I did like Tim Vickery a couple of days ago using the correct Brazilian pronounciations of Ramires (Ha-mir-rez) and Hulk (Hul-kay).

Very authentic.