2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

It's pretty maddening that we really didn't bring an actual Jozy Altidore replacement, though Eddie Johnson was the architect of his own downfall on and off the pitch.

I completely agree that he took his own ass off the plane. However, this is exactly why you make sure to bring as close to like for like subs if you can. We actually could but we didn't. Instead we have two 30-45m super subs at ST.

Hoping Belgium impress today.

Turned on at the right time too, as ITV just informed me that they'll "be turning their attention to the Belgium-Algeria game", despite being on for 45mins already. Wonder what they've been talking about all that time...

It was probably just Adrian Chiles wittering on about Thomas Muller's play-acting again. For the whole duration of the program

• Like 1

Yeah but they were still talking about fucking England. Will England beat Uruguay, should Rooney start, did he have a bad game, tweet if you think England will qualify fuck the fuck right off. Seriously. That's totally fine when it's the buildup to an England game but it's ridiculous you can't even see anything about the teams playing without them ignoring it to talk about themselves again.

It's so conceited.

• Like 2

Yeah but they were still talking about fucking England. Will England beat Uruguay, should Rooney start, did he have a bad game, tweet if you think England will qualify fuck the fuck right off. Seriously. That's totally fine when it's the buildup to an England game but it's ridiculous you can't even see anything about the teams playing without them ignoring it to talk about themselves again.

It's so conceited.

I was hoping that, after so many years of that bullshit, the focus would finally be on the game they're watching. But nope. Maybe next time.

And when the teams finally come out all Tyldsley has to say is how this stadium is the one England will play Costa Rica in.

Algerian national anthem is brilliant! However they must be shit if Bentaleb is starting for them.

I just hope they're not as unbelievably awful to watch as they were in 2010.

Plus, with this world cup being split across two channels, you get this shit from both the Beeb and ITV like 3 days before the game and then for about 3 days afterwards.

It just annoys me because they could easily have dedicated programs for the England stuff. Then when BBC/ITV realise that no-one gives much of a fuck what Robbie Savage and Patrick Vieira think about England, they might finally tone it down.

• Admin

It just annoys me because they could easily have dedicated programs for the England stuff. Then when BBC/ITV realise that no-one gives much of a fuck what Robbie Savage and Patrick Vieira think about England, they might finally tone it down.

They did - Football Focus special on Saturday.