2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

So basically all we need now is to draw Portugal and not lose by 5 to Germany right?

Not that simple. That's assuming Portugal only beat Ghana by 1, which is a big assumption.

Yeah, for sure. This was the easiest opponent of our group, and my previously-held beliefs about the US' fitness and conditioning took a hit when like four guys got injured in one game.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not actually too confident about that draw with Portugal. Not going to happen if we basically decide to take a nap for half an hour like in that second half.

I'm gonna let revenge feel good tonight and then remind myself tomorrow we played like shit, our fitness is awful, and we had no business winning.

Ehhhh. Ghana had nearly three times as many shots as us and yet we still had one more shot on target than they did. We made our chances count, they didn't.

• Like 2

I didn't think USA would get a win so fair play. Only saw the first half because I had to go to bed but from what I saw and heard it was a solid performance. Nothing outstanding but through hardwork got the job done.

I think they can get a point against Portugal...they actually aren't that good at all apart from they have Ronaldo. But if they can contain Portugal and keep them from getting to Ronaldo they can get a draw and possibly snatch a win.

I don't fancy the USA containing Ronaldo or Nani. Portugal don't have as weak as a team as people are making out. Germany just have a very strong one albeit weak up front.

Edited by Sam