2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

One thing I never understand is why we always seem to have fitness issues. Why are our players going down with cramp? I haven't seen any other team having that issue.

I don't think British footballers look after themselves (diet, alcohol, sleep) or train as hard as other countries.

That's the first time I've enjoyed watching us play for ages. We actually looked like an attacking team with clear intent, and we should've scored more. Sterling was fantastic, and would've looked even better if someone was there to get on the end of his crosses across the six yard box. I'm optimistic for the next two games, but either way, it's just nice to see us actually try and play some proper football. Thought Rooney's cross was sublime, but otherwise forgettable.

Our defence was good. I've fallen in love with Sterling and his weird man-child body. Sturridge was great. Welbeck won me over. Rooney was poop.

We played very well at times and I'm feeling confident for 6 points to be honest.

If I was boss (and thankfully for everyone I'm not), then Rooney just doesn't fit this new style of play. He left us short on the left and isn't quick enough. I know he's OMG WAYNE ROONEY GUYZ but he's not performed at the big tournaments. I know he got the assist and it was lovely but still.

I'd consider us starting with Welbeck for the first 60 and bringing Sterling on. He ran out of steam later on, but coming on fresh against a tired Uruguay defence?! Yes please. Lallana, Welbeck, Barkley as the three behind Sturridge. Then Sterling on later. That's quite exciting I think.

In summary: Sterling is stonking.

Also, I hope Japan stun folks and win their group because for personal reasons I'd love England v Japan in the second round.

• Like 1

I think I'd rather we just didn't play strikers on the wings. I mean, nobody likes Rooney being played out on the wings but Welbeck's just as much not a midfielder either. Would rather just have Lallana, Barkley, Sterling and then just make a decision on Rooney or Sturridge up front, and on form you'd have to say Sturridge really.

Oh, I'll also add that I thought Welbeck did well, and this comes from someone who really doesn't like Welbeck. On another note, it's just fucking refreshing to see us play players who have the confidence and pace to take players on.

I still cannot believe how well Sterling has developed in the last 18 months. And to think he was "destined for the Championship" not so long ago.

Hands down the best in England's squad at 19 years of age. Phenomenal.

It's a pity they put this match on last. It's really great and Europe's missing it. Should have traded spots with Colombia/Greece.

Well annoyed at ITV for just not bothering with this match and just phoning it in.

They would've just shown England vs. Italy on loop if they could. And they've not even bothered with a second commentator for Japan/Ivory Coast. Really poor stuff.