2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Both our full backs were poor today and I wonder if it would have been better to bring Sterling on as a sub as he faded by the end.

Rooney is either the striker or number 10. You can't waste him out on the wide, put a wide man on.

Rio attempting to defend that shit shot. Shearer would've buried it. Ditto Henry. Ditto Lineker. Ours.

Shearer would have buried it!

Lisbie would have buried it

• Like 1

One thing I never understand is why we always seem to have fitness issues. Why are our players going down with cramp? I haven't seen any other team having that issue.

One thing I never understand is why we always seem to have fitness issues. Why are our players going down with cramp? I haven't seen any other team having that issue.

The diet. English players need to eat something other than chips and gravy before games.

• Like 2

The gulf in class between Pirlo and Gerrard is hilarious. Gerrard's alright against most of the teams in the Premier League, when we're at a stage where there aren't many tactically competent managers and he's allowed to stroll around unchallenged, but at the top level against a good midfield and a tactically clever manager? He's useless.

Rooney is awful. 3 World Cups, 0 goals, 1 red card. Should've taken Carroll instead.

I'd take confidence from that game if I didn't think Rooney and Gerrard will play every minute of the next two games. I expect the game against Uruguay to follow a similar pattern - strong performances by the young players but stifled by key players that should have been phased out after 2010.