2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Pirlo such a handsome chap. And annoyingly good.

Feel like Rooney gets too frustrated when things go wrong and then tries to hard to kind of make up for them or something. Was a decent performance though really, a loss feels harsh but that's gonna happen when players don't take their chances.

Not going to get upset about that, both teams could have won and it was much better than any game 2 years ago. Italy put everyone behind the ball once they got the second which killed England's counter attack chances which was a shame but it worked for them.

The Italian right hand side won the game for them, it was 2v1 far too many times which just can't happen or you're going to have a problem. A win and draw will probably put us through from the last 2 so I'm not too worried but I'd much rather go out in 3 games playing positive football than drag ourselves into the 2nd round and lose playing negative stuff.

• Like 1

England did enough to reaffirm that unless Uruguay suddenly goes beast mode or Costa Rica pull off a miracle they're going to go through, and then they have one of the relatively easier tasks in the knockouts with a team from Group C.

IT OKAY ENGLAND. DON'T BE CRY.

Lots of positives there. I think we can score against Uruguay (Suarez might get more passed us though), and Costa Rica is still up in the air depending on how they are against Italy. Based on today's games I can see Costa Rica frustrating us, but if we can get scoring chances against Italy we can against them.

Meanwhile, people on Facebook are moaning because we a lost a match everyone thought we'd be thrashed in anyway.

I thought we played well, encouraging signs for certain areas but plenty of work still to be done.

I thought we'd be shit and get battered. Future looks promising with players like Barkley and Sterling.