2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

This is eight games in a row with three goals or more, and four of the last five games have finished 2-1. Wacky.

Seeing how Mexico had two perfectly good goals disallowed you could even say every game has had three or more goals. And if you're saying that then every half of football has had a goal as the Mexico/Cameroon first half (with the two disallowed goals) is the only one that hasn't.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Oh yeah! STILL UNDEFEATED! FEELIN' GOOD! I could do this for days and days still, or at least until...

*checks schedule*

... oh balls

• Like 2

I took a break from the WC today. Still followed it online but didn't watch any.

Be back on all evening tomorrow though.

I'm sure Iran-Nigeria will serve up a treat.

But honestly, Germany v Portgual is obviously the one to watch today.

Went to bed at HT last night, caught the highlights this morning. The late Bosnia goal cost me money. :/

It's been a pretty good World Cup so far, yet it's becoming pretty obvious that referees have been instructed to not give straight reds unless they absolutely have to. Neymar should have gone in the opening match with that obvious elbow, Pogba and Palacios should both have gone given that they did it right in front of a linesman and nearly started a brawl on the pitch with their stupidity.

I mean, I understand why it's probably better to keep players on the pitch for the sake of entertainment, but we've seen it all before what happens when red card offenses go unpunished: the players realise they can lunge in recklessly and the referee quickly loses control of the match. I really wouldn't be surprised if we see another Holland vs Portugal match with both teams going in with the same mentality.