NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I love the passion Toronto's fans have, but I'm hoping Brooklyn holds the lead here. They have Miami's number.

The way I see it, Pierce and KG couldn't get it done in Boston two years ago against the Heat, and they're only getting older. Also, fun fact is that in two series that the Heat have played Brooklyn all time, the Nets have only taken one game from them.

Except that Brooklyn have beaten the Heat every time this season.

• Like 2

I love the passion Toronto's fans have, but I'm hoping Brooklyn holds the lead here. They have Miami's number.

The way I see it, Pierce and KG couldn't get it done in Boston two years ago against the Heat, and they're only getting older. Also, fun fact is that in two series that the Heat have played Brooklyn all time, the Nets have only taken one game from them.

They matchup perfectly and it's more than Pierce and KG.

Brooklyn's bench is miles better than Miami's lack of bench.

Which ultimately means nothing right now. There are too many variables with regular season match ups. The Heat are going to win the series and I don't anticipate it being close, max of 6 games.

That's true, but as others have said, it's the regular season. If you think LeBron, Wade, Allen, Bosh go out there and play with the same intensity that they do in the playoffs, you're crazy. I don't care who swept them in the regular season, this is the 2x defending champions with LeBron James. Not a Dirk, not a Tim Duncan, LeBron James. You know, the guy who is trying to prove that even though he didn't win the MVP (here, for everyone that says otherwise) wants to prove he is one of the best of all time.

And let me remind you that they just went seven games with a game, yet playoff inexperienced Toronto Raptors and squeaked out a victory by how much? One point? I think the Heat will be just fine.

Shit, I don't know how I missed that o_O

But in all seriousness, I quasi-agree. If the Pacers can play at the level they are capable of, I think they take the cake. But, if they look like they did against the Hawks, I see Miami in 5.

While I'd love for the Pacers to win this year (especially David West who's worked his ass off), I think this is the Thunder's year. OKC were clearly not ready in the 2012 finals, fair enough. Last year they were good, but Westbrook went down with an injury and OKC didn't have that 1-2 punch. Durant wasn't going to win the championship all by himself, he needed his partner. This year, though, they are unbelievable. Post-Harden, I think this is the best they have ever looked. Caron Butler and Steven Adams are what have been missing from this team, along with Ibaka taking more shots, Reggie Jackson stepping up as a great 2nd PG or SG and the always handy Derek Fisher. OKC over the Clippers and then edging out San Antonio in game 7, I think, leading to them defeating one of the four in the East. Not sure how things go down with Brooklyn/Heat, really, but just for shock value I'd love for the Nets to win so we can get guaranteed new NBA champions.