The all-purpose GTAV Online thread

probablyoliver

I knew it was too good to be true. Got in after a 30 minute wait. Froze. Got back in almost instantly. Froze. Now I'm back to standing in the parking lot like schlub.

What all do you have to do after the race to finish the "tutorial"? Because I don't know if my Xbox can hang on for very long, if even at all, after the race.

What all do you have to do after the race to finish the "tutorial"? Because I don't know if my Xbox can hang on for very long, if even at all, after the race.

You'll be called about a drug deal, and once you've done that, there'll be a blue marker to head towards for a deathmatch. It locked on me, but upon restarting, the online had opened up anyway, and I was free to play with friends.

• Like 1

I got kicked out of a deathmatch after the host left and it couldn't find a new one and I was stuck looking at the world like this.

0_0.jpg

It's like a drunk filter! It's perfect! >_>

LL Tours waiting to depart from the beach. LL waits for his customers, Maxx arrives first and only two spaces remain. The sound of sirens in the distance are heard as Ellis, GoGo and Ruki race on foot for the chopper. LL and Maxx see them coming and head into the front seats, starting up the engine.

Ellis dives in the back first, GoGo and Ruki still pumping their crazy legs behind them. GoGo manages to make it, ducking under the helicopters tail and into the last seat. Ruki is left in a pit of despair as the helicopter pulls away, just as several cop cars arrive with Ruki left to fight them alone.

Goooooooooooood times.

• Like 3

I swear I'm going to throw my Xbox out of my window.

Finally fucking loaded. Halfway through the race and my fucking game froze.

IT JUST FUCKING HAPPENED AGAIN.

I may as well throw the Xbox out the window. I think it's going to catch on fire soon anyway. Do those coolant things they sell at Gamestop actually help? This thing is like 200 degrees.

Third time it's done the same thing. Almost actually finished the race this time. Still froze on me. It has to be my Xbox, because I even went to Gamestop and had them switch my disc.

I swear I'm going to throw my Xbox out of my window.

Finally fucking loaded. Halfway through the race and my fucking game froze.

IT JUST FUCKING HAPPENED AGAIN.

I may as well throw the Xbox out the window. I think it's going to catch on fire soon anyway. Do those coolant things they sell at Gamestop actually help? This thing is like 200 degrees.

Third time it's done the same thing. Almost actually finished the race this time. Still froze on me. It has to be my Xbox, because I even went to Gamestop and had them switch my disc.

Dunno what era Xbox you have, but I had constant freezes on mine before I got a RROD

Also, what have PS3 EWBers had with luck in getting online? Has the whole delete update thing helped? Should I spend tomorrow trying to get online or playing Ducktales?

I was able to get on yesterday night around this time (3am CST) with no problems whatsoever. Didn't do the update deleting shit or anything either.