Aspects of games you dislike

Liam

It's generally not as bad now as it used to be, but I'd say it's more due to rubber band logic than shitty AI (although I guess rubberbanding is shitty I assume you mean shitty as in not very well done). I think the idea of it is to avoid blowouts because they're not as interesting, but I'd rather it be slightly less interesting than an exercise in frustration. You know, I've put the effort into scouting and team building (not forgetting my own ability to play the game). If I'm beating the the everlasting piss out of a team because they weren't as successful in those areas as I was, I deserve to reap the fruits of my labour, I shouldn't watch guys who have no business matching up to me suddenly start outperforming me in ways beyond my control.

Of course, EA and the developers of every sports and racing game in the last decade will deny its existence until they're blue in the face, but it's so patently obvious in some cases.

• Like 1

Not exactly what this threads about but I've been playing Episodes from Liberty City in anticipation of GTA V and it reminded of those crappy physics (usually in sandbox games) where hitting a curb or something on the floor at speed spends you spinning thirty feet into the air. Man it's annoying and makes using motorbikes such a pain.

Speaking of - I hate impassable mountains. Unless it's the edge of your map, a mountain should generally be a thing to be conquered, not an annoying thing to extend game time by making you travel around it. Also, games where you can swim ridiculously far out, but then have no fast travel/warp option, so you have to pain-stakingly slowly swim back towards shore.

Speaking of - I hate impassable mountains. Unless it's the edge of your map, a mountain should generally be a thing to be conquered, not an annoying thing to extend game time by making you travel around it. Also, games where you can swim ridiculously far out, but then have no fast travel/warp option, so you have to pain-stakingly slowly swim back towards shore.

...Just don't swim ridiculous far out for no reason, then! :P

You know what fuck all game apps on smartphones. Like Madden 25 on IOS, the price is listed as "free" apparently but then it's €35.99 to unlock the full game along with a shit ton of micro transactions. Just give me a god damn price and if I want to buy it I will. In app purchases are the most annoying thing in the world.