(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Dumping MacArthur and Grabbo to get Bolland and Clarkson was not a great way to go.

Number one on the off season shopping list if I am Nonis is a top pairing defender. Actually, first is replacing Carlyle. Second is getting a defenceman.

Very much this.

Also getting Komarov back for our fourth line.

One time you listened to an economist trying to tell you about coaching. Now you're paying the price.

An economist, Ruki. They're qualified to tell you how much it costs to fire a coach, not whether you should fire the coach.

I'm still pissed that Rangers blew their game against the Avs. That was such a shitty half-ass clear by Girardi. I'm not completely sure why they put the puck in the offensive zone to begin with after they clearly skated out of the zone. That allowed Varly to be pulled. Not going to complain too much about that but the coaching staff didn't seem too happy with that decision.

Flyers lose again :-(

Just when the Leafs needed them to win, too.

I'm on board with Columbus making it. Toronto needs to clean house, if they claw back into the playoffs it will save some jobs that shouldn't be saved.

Truth - It's almost like you hate to be that team that barely makes it every year and is out in the first round. Look at the 76ers over in the NBA. They totally dismantled their team and are tanking in hopes of getting a superstar. Totally different sports, with different variables involved (a lot more players on a hockey team), but it's a similar idea where the fans want them to just be so bad that improvement eventually comes out of it.

I don't know if that made any sense at all, I'm rambling.

But without actually seeing last night's game, The Flyers have been playing really well recently, but just haven't been able to close out games. It's incredibly frustrating.

I'm on board with Columbus making it. Toronto needs to clean house, if they claw back into the playoffs it will save some jobs that shouldn't be saved.

Truth - It's almost like you hate to be that team that barely makes it every year and is out in the first round. Look at the 76ers over in the NBA. They totally dismantled their team and are tanking in hopes of getting a superstar. Totally different sports, with different variables involved (a lot more players on a hockey team), but it's a similar idea where the fans want them to just be so bad that improvement eventually comes out of it.

But without actually seeing last night's game, The Flyers have been playing really well recently, but just haven't been able to close out games. It's incredibly frustrating.

Hockey is different. You can retool in one off season and go from 10th to 3rd. There is more parity in hockey then basketball, and it takes smart drafting over several years to build, so tanking is not as palatable.

I want the Leafs to make it in, but I want Carlyle gone.

Hockey is different. You can retool in one off season and go from 10th to 3rd. There is more parity in hockey then basketball, and it takes smart drafting over several years to build, so tanking is not as palatable.

I want the Leafs to make it in, but I want Carlyle gone.

Yeah, parity is totally different between all of the leagues (the NFL and NHL are probably the closest thing, but that's another discussion for another thread). But it's a similar thing to how a ton of Eagles fans wanted Reid gone for years, but they'd keep clawing their way into the playoffs, so the Front Office would keep him.