The Capital One Cup thread 2013/14

Lineker

I really can't work Spurs out at the minute, AVB was punished for not integrating signings, and also for refusing to play two strikers. But Eriksen & Lamela really don't fit into that system, it's kinda baffling what the hierarchy want. Soldado's back on the bench, so we've reverted to Defoe & Ade, who have never really set the world alight. I'm sure it could work, I didn't see the 1st half, there's just a whole lot that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Feels like a game for Sherwood to make his mark, and there's not notably anyone else being rested. Eriksen's coming back from injury, Holtby may be being rested, but it's hard to tell. We've put Lloris in goal instead of Friedel, who usually plays cup games. So yeah, not sure.

I really can't work Spurs out at the minute, AVB was punished for not integrating signings, and also for refusing to play two strikers.

No, he was punished for the results. Refusing to play two strikers and so forth is just what the general public think he ought to have been doing to achieve that.

• Like 1

Allegedly the board were very big on two strikers. It's not to do solely with results because, the thrashings aside, the points tally is still good, as in progression in the cups. It's definitely to do with the money spent, because there's increased expectation obviously. Just seems like a very uncertain set-up right now and I have no idea what we're building towards anymore. But I guess that's gonna happen without a confirmed manager.