The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I would say that the players I'm worried about losing are Lloris, Eriksen, Lamela and Soldado. The rest I'm not too fussed about although I think Paulinho has not been used properly.

To be honest, even if we didn't sign anyone else over the summer (unlikely) and no-one left (even more unlikely) I'd feel more confident about a team of Lloris, Walker, Assou-Ekotto, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Sandro, Paulinho, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado, Townsend.

Shame about the injuries, lack of managerial ability and a total lack of realisation that our squad is set up to play the same kind of formation as Liverpool or Chelsea.

Lloris

Vertonghen / Chiriches
Walker / Assou-Ekotto
Sandro
Paulinho / Eriksen
Lamela / Soldado / Townsend

Way I'd be looking at it for spurs is that there is a spine there for the team, they do have players they can build the team around. With the right additions and the right manager and with time they can bounce back from this season.