The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

In terms of the World Cup, what's everyone's thoughts on Shaw, Lambert, Rodriguez and Lallana? Personally, I can't see any reason not to take all four on current form and Lallana is the type of player we should be building the first 11 around.

Love watching Southampton play this season and that's mainly due to Lallana. I can't think of too many English players who are so two footed. If you were watching him for the first time, you'd have a job telling which is his stronger side.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I think they've all got to go, especially Shaw, Rodriquez and Lallana, though Lambert's no slouch, but I'd prioritise the other 3. Lallana should undoubtably be in the starting 11, with Shaw playing back up to Baines, and Rodriquez could really be pushing for a start wide. I wonder who's going to come in for Lallana in the summer, or if he'll stay.

I hope that bizarre Mourinho ballboy incident gets investigated, he was across before any Chelsea player arrived to even take the throw in so God knows what he was saying to him. Paedo.

Anyone else see Wee Jimmy Krankie celebrate Flaminis goal?

Note that Azpi, rather than punching the ballboy, actually just took the ball and went to take a throw in, only to be stopped by the ref who had to stop play to stop a manager threatening a ball boy...

I'd take Lallana, Rodriguez and Shaw. I'd rather have Carroll to bring on than Lambert over there. Watching Carroll recently he still wins absolutely everything in the air, that's could be a precious change of pace in Brazil.

If Cole goes instead of Shaw it's a joke.

Rather than starting Woodrow, Fulham are playing 17 year old Moussa Dembele up front.

Random to see so many of the youth guys getting a chance in the past few weeks - good, but shows how desperate things are, I guess.