The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Christ. I would have bitten your hand off for a point this morning but I genuinely think we could have won that. So could City of course but still.

City win their two games in hand and they are a minimum of two points clear. On current form I'd really back City to beat Liverpool as well.

Definitely theirs to lose but I'd rather Chelsea win it at this point, they're the least hateable of the top three.

• Like 1

Yeah, being realistic, I actually think the final table will be City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in that order. The Anfield games can change everything though. This season is insane.

City win their two games in hand and they are a minimum of two points clear. On current form I'd really back City to beat Liverpool as well.

Definitely theirs to lose but I'd rather Chelsea win it at this point, they're the least hateable of the top three.

What? We've won seven on the bounce and are undefeated in 2014...

No matter what happens we've beaten expectations. We were an outside chance of getting into the top 4. No one certainly expected us to be pushing for the title let alone having a very good chance of winning it.

Rodgers and the players have been fantastic this season.

• Like 1

Yeah, the lack of Europe's definitely helped Liverpool. I think they need to have a really good transfer window in order to deal with it next year, because they have a really good starting eleven, but I don't think they have a solid enough squad. It's gonna be tough for Liverpool, do you buy an amazing player to dramatically improve your starting eleven, or buy a couple of very good squad players in hope of competing well in two competitions? Either way, Europe or not, doesn't take anything away from a great season. Shows how important keeping Suarez was.

On 30th March 1964, we beat Spurs 3-1 to jump to first place and went on to win the league. Earlier that season, we stuck 5 past Arsenal and beat United 1-0 and 3-0.

Just saying :shifty:

HOLY SHIT IT'S NINETEEN SIXTY FOUR!

• Like 1