The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

As if almost knocking Zabaleta out with a forearm smash wasn't bad enough, it now looks like Fellaini spat at him while he was on the floor.

Nice.

That's disgusting. And to make matters worse the referee gave him a Yellow Card following the elbow smash (which clearly should have been a red), so I don't believe the FA can anything about it

Moyes is in a strange place. He's at a club that hasn't had to sack a manager in 30 years. He was chosen by the man he replaced (a man still at the club) and United won't want to admit that they (and SAF) backed the wrong horse. If he walks away, he's pretty much admitted that he's not good enough for a big job.

In a lot of ways he reminds me of Hodgson at Liverpool in how out of his depth he is. It took a change of ownership to get Hodgson out. In United's case it will take a lot of swallowing of pride to get rid of him.

As if almost knocking Zabaleta out with a forearm smash wasn't bad enough, it now looks like Fellaini spat at him while he was on the floor.

Nice.

That's disgusting. And to make matters worse the referee gave him a Yellow Card following the elbow smash (which clearly should have been a red), so I don't believe the FA can anything about it

Think they can do something. The yellow was for the elbow, the spit was technically a separate incident.

Everton's final league positions under Moyes:

'02 - 15th

'03 - 7th

'04 - 17th

'05 - 4th

'06 - 11th

'07 - 6th

'08 - 5th

'09 - 6th

'10 - 8th

'11- 7th

'12 - 7th

'13 - 6th

Since the '50s that's probably about par for the course for the club. True they were useless in the few years before Moyes but I don't think that historically they overachieved under him.

They've asked to see the footage about the 'spitting' and because it's a separate incident, I'm almost certain he can be charged/banned.

I thought he can be charged for the elbow despite the yellow, due to the Haidara rule change that never seems to actually apply.

Good side, not many complaints. Buttner, as shit as he is, in there to give Evra a rest ahead of the Bayern game in midweek.

Thank fuck Kagawa is getting a start. Hopefully Hernandez get's some game time too.

Edit: Scratch that, Evra suspended for Bayern, forgot all about that. Guess it's to get Buttner ready for Bayern then, fucking hell I'm dreading that.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect