The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I think Atletico are preparing to let Costa go, regardless of where he ends up.

Apparently Oliver Torres would be coming back from his loan spell at Villarreal to fill the gap, but a quick Google search tells me he's hardly getting a game there.

Athletico Madrid have an awesome track record of scouting strikers. I can't remember a time when they didn't have a striker banging in 20 goals. Hasselbaink, Vieri, Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Falcao, Costa, etc, pretty impressive list of successful goal-scorers.

Apparently Oliver Torres would be coming back from his loan spell at Villarreal to fill the gap, but a quick Google search tells me he's hardly getting a game there.

That doesn't matter, if you're playing up front for Atletico you automatically become a world class striker because they must have one at all times. It's voodoo or something!

Randomly reading Robbie Savages 'Manchester XI' article and found this stat: Samir Nasri has more 'pre-assists' than any other player in the league.

I hate stats.

Second assist, Ellis!

Randomly reading Robbie Savages 'Manchester XI' article and found this stat: Samir Nasri has more 'pre-assists' than any other player in the league.

I hate stats.

Second assist, Ellis!

Hughesy has all the assists and the second assists, the third assists...

They very nearly gifted them a second with a shoddy square pass there. In the end Silva's shot is blocked.

Wonder how long it will be until a United players gets a touch inside the City box (if ever)...