The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Lucky, but meant it.

Not sure. It is the type of goal that I doubt a player ever tries to scores - however, if it was Ronaldo or Messi, everyone would be proclaiming that he knew exactly what he was doing.

It does just look like he reached back to control it, and deflected it into the bottom corner.

I think he's tried to score, but to pretend he meant to smash it directly into the ground to loop it in is just silly. He has however done well to get a shot on target like that and it is a decent goal. Redknapp fawning over it looks daft.

I think he's tried to score, but to pretend he meant to smash it directly into the ground to loop it in is just silly. He has however done well to get a shot on target like that and it is a decent goal. Redknapp fawning over it looks daft.

Oh, totally. I just think you can see the intention is there to try and score.

City's title now, surely.

Show me where City will drop four points and I will show you games where the other top teams will drop just as many or more.

Liverpool, Arsenal, United.

And Chelsea could equally draw or lose to Liverpool and Arsenal. This is the point.

Man City could drop points against any team coming up, just because they're a better team doesn't mean they've got the 3 points all wrapped up. All it takes is for City to draw against Southampton or Fulham and that's them buggered before they even get around to play Liverpool or Arsenal.

City's title now, surely.

Show me where City will drop four points and I will show you games where the other top teams will drop just as many or more.

Liverpool, Arsenal, United.

And Chelsea could equally draw or lose to Liverpool and Arsenal. This is the point.

Exactly, and Liverpool will win the title. IT'S OUR YEAR.. wait, it's March.. wow, not used to this.

• Like 1

Three match ban for both I'd imagine, barring Hart getting an England discount.

Shearer talking nonsense as usual, no way is that a red for Bennett. Savage two weeks running too, is this the best my license fee pays for?

Lucky, but meant it.

Not sure. It is the type of goal that I doubt a player ever tries to scores - however, if it was Ronaldo or Messi, everyone would be proclaiming that he knew exactly what he was doing.

I agree with that part.

I think Chelsea will win the league after United wins over Liverpool and Man City help them pull away. :shifty:

Michel Vorm is such a great shot-stopper but I wish he would dive for things rather than give a gormless look as things get side-footed past.

He's looked like he doesn't give a shit all season. Can imagine him leaving in the summer. I really like Vorm though, it's a shame.