The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

He would be free, I think.

Just seen the Spurs/Chelsea highlights, Sandro's error for the 3rd goal was hilarious. What the hell was that?

It was one of a number of mistakes. It was nowhere near as bad as Kyle Walker's. You can kind of forgive Sandro cos he's not a centre back, but yeah, it wasn't good.

I can't see any reason why he'd pick Man United over Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool who'd all be after him if he became available

Here we go again :lol:

You're still 6th and likely to be 7th again soon, when you drop points to Liverpool at the weekend! So yeah here we go again! :lol:

• Like 1

What did Kyle Walker do? I must have missed that.

The sending off was a disgrace. Yellow card would have been fair.

The fourth goal. Walker headed Lloris' clearance back towards him, from a fair way out, while Ba was lurking in an otherwise-offside position.

I would also call the offside decision that saved Lloris from a certain red card with 00:30 on the clock a disgrace, but hey-ho.

I can't see any reason why he'd pick Man United over Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool who'd all be after him if he became available

You're still 6th and likely to be 7th again soon, when you drop points to Liverpool at the weekend! So yeah here we go again! :lol:

I'm talking about you shitting on anything and everything that is Manchester United.

The fourth goal. Walker headed Lloris' clearance back towards him, from a fair way out, while Ba was lurking in an otherwise-offside position.

I would also call the offside decision that saved Lloris from a certain red card with 00:30 on the clock a disgrace, but hey-ho.

Indeed, when it comes to game changing decisions in that game that's the one that could've really made the difference.

It was onside, but calling it a disgrace is pretty silly. It wasn't like he was a mile onside, or anything, it was tight. I don't think the Chelsea penalty was even a foul, but it definitely wasn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

On that note, I really think Lloris is gonna leave in the summer, both he & Vertonghen look fed up. Can't blame Lloris -- he's a fantastic keeper, keeps us in games, and we still find a way to get thrashed every now and again.

Also, if AVB would have lost that game to Chelsea in that manner, there would be headlines calling for his head, or calling him a shit manager. With Sherwood, it's the squad that lacked character etc. It's all quite silly the bias British managers, and Mourinho, get in the media over here. I really hope De Boer still fancies the job in the summer.

• Like 1

Journalists had the pitchforks out for Villas Boas when he dared to criticise the team after their defeat against Man City (he included himself in that criticism, but still). Sherwood comes out and loads all the blame on his players - although funnily enough I don't think the players decided to play Kyle Walker on the wing as if he was Gareth Bale or stick Aaron Lennon in behind the lone striker - and the same journalists are full of praise for him.

So many chancers managing in the PL at the moment, but Tictacs Tim is the worst of them.

• Like 4

He would be free, I think.

His contract isn't up til 2015.

He's also said that CL football isn't the be all, end all when it comes to making a decision.

We're talking about a player who won everything last season, and could still replicate that this season. If he wants to leave Bayern, of all teams, for a new challenge, why is it so ridiculous to want to join Man Utd? Guardiola wants him to stay, so if CL football and winning the Bundesliga means so much to him, he'll just sign a new contract and stay where he is.

I'm talking about you shitting on anything and everything that is Manchester United.

It's not shitting on Man United. It's more acknowledging that stumbling onto the greatest manager of the generation at the exact same time the Premier League money entered the game doesn't mean that the almighty Man United aren't automatically in the race for the big names now.

Now that that manager is gone, Champions League football soon to follow, the squad is at best the 5th best in the Premier League and now there are other clubs with the financial and reputation power to match them.

So yeah I don't see any reason for a top player to choose Man United over the present top 4. Who will in all likelihood, all be in the Champions League next year, have a young, talented nucleus of players and aren't managed by a bumbling idiot who's idiot out of his depth.

Am I enjoying all of this? Yes but it doesn't change the fact that this isn't the unstoppable force that was Fergie's Man United. There's the stadium, history and infrastructure, yes and that'll be attractive to some. But in my opinion and that's all it is, I wouldn't go near them when Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are options.

It's not shitting over United, it's enjoying their demise this season.

• Like 1