The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

It's not the interpretation I want, it's the actual rule, because if that's an outfield player it's not a free kick, I just want to know if it's a different rule for a keeper. Wouldn't have thought so mind.

Thanks BT Sport!

Denies a goal scoring opportunity.

Referee has got it wrong, it's a blatant red card even if it is accidental. Firstly, it's handball by a keeper outside of the box. Secondly, if it doesn't hit his hand, Van Persie is through with an open goal. What makes it even worst is the referee and officials had the clearest of views on it and still managed to get it wrong.

It's not the interpretation I want, it's the actual rule, because if that's an outfield player it's not a free kick, I just want to know if it's a different rule for a keeper. Wouldn't have thought so mind.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx

Denies a goal scoring opportunity.

Referee has got it wrong, it's a blatant red card even if it is accidental. Firstly, it's handball by a keeper outside of the box. Secondly, if it doesn't hit his hand, Van Persie is through with an open goal. What makes it even worst is the referee and officials had the clearest of views on it and still managed to get it wrong.

Irrelevant. If it's accidental it's not handball. Referee got it dead right.

RVP needs to calm down.

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

Because Fellaini has a well-earned reputation as being a guy who kicks lumps out of players with limited, if any, finesse.

Well that's very generous of him, who wants to be lumpy after all?

• Admin
Norwich's club record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel returns to the Canaries line-up for the home game against fellow strugglers Stoke. The Dutch striker, who has only scored once since an £8.5m move from Sporting Lisbon, comes in for Gary Hooper, who drops to the bench. Stoke also make one change from the side that beat Arsenal 1-0 last week, with Peter Odemwingie replacing the suspended Charlie Adam.
Norwich: Ruddy, Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson, Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Redmond, Hoolahan, van Wolfswinkel. Subs: Whittaker, Howson, Hooper, Pilkington, Bunn, Elmander, Becchio.
Stoke: Begovic, Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Walters, Arnautovic, Odemwingie, Crouch. Subs: Muniesa, Palacios, Guidetti, Etherington, Wilkinson, Sorensen, Ireland.
Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)
Crystal Palace striker Marouane Chamakh has not come through a fitness test and a hamstring injury sustained in their draw at Swansea keeps him out. Glenn Murray comes in and manager Tony Pulis also brings Jason Puncheon and Dean Moxey into the side, with Thomas Ince dropping to the bench. Southampton will have England left-back Luke Shaw on show as well as Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and Jay Rodriguez. Nathaniel Clyne comes in for Calum Chambers in their only change from last weekend's defeat against Liverpool.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Ward, Dann, Delaney, Moxey, Bolasie, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Ledley, Puncheon, Murray. Subs: Ince, Thomas, Gayle, Gabbidon, Hennessey, Jerome, Bannan.
Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, Steven Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert. Subs: Yoshida, Ramirez, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Chambers, Gazzaniga, Gallagher.
Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Were they told to do one by Barca, or by Messi himself? A couple of reports I have read say that 200M Euros is his release clause so if thats the case, Barca have to let Messi talk don't they?

Lord knows how City would get such a move through this FFP stuff, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Didn't stop Liverpool telling Arsenal to fuck off.

• Admin

Cardiff make three changes from the team beaten 1-0 at Tottenham last time out with Kenwyne Jones, Jordon Mutch and Craig Noone drafted into an attacking line-up for the Bluebirds. Fulham manager Felix Magath has a brand new strikeforce with new signing Kostas Mitroglou and 19-year-old Cauley Woodrow, who spent time on loan at League Two Southend earlier this season, making first Premier League starts. Lewis Holtby and John Arne Riise also come into the starting line-up from the side beaten 3-1 by Chelsea.

Cardiff: Marshall, Fabio, Caulker, Turner, John, Medel, Noone, Mutch, Kim, Campbell, Jones. Subs: Eikrem, Cala, Theophile-Catherine, Daehli, Lewis, Zaha, Bellamy.
Fulham: Stekelenburg, Riether, Heitinga, Hangeland, Riise, Dejagah, Sidwell, Holtby, Richardson, Mitroglou, Woodrow. Subs: Kvist Jorgensen, Kacaniklic, Stockdale, Karagounis, Zverotic, Burn, Bent.
Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)

Bundesliga is the best league in the world :lol:

Please explain what makes it the best. Bayern are 20 points clear. What's so great about that?

If you take Bayern out of that league, what do you have left apart from teams who wouldn't make the top 4 in the EPL?

You're kidding right? The team that absolutely destroyed Real Madrid less than a year ago wouldn't make top 4? Even taking Dortmund out of it, the league oozes class. It's not the other teams fault that they're in a league with the best team in the world. Bayern would be 20 points clear in England too.

No, I'm not kidding. I think you are very wrong.