The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

No, but I think he does have to prove himself in another league in a team that isn't built to suit him.

Ronaldo has done it, fat Ronaldo did, so did Zidane, Maradona, Cruyft, Ibra, Henry, etc, the list goes on. Not many of the true greats stuck to one club and one league.

Of that list how many moved for a challenge, and how many just moved to a better club or for more money? The only real step down amongst them is Maradona leaving Barca, but that was because he was such a tremendous twat rather than because he wanted to be at Napoli.

Messi is playing at one of the worlds best teams, in one of its shiniest lovely cities, there really is no need for someone of that standard to move to Manchester City.

• Like 1

No, but I think he does have to prove himself in another league in a team that isn't built to suit him.

Ronaldo has done it, fat Ronaldo did, so did Zidane, Maradona, Cruyft, Ibra, Henry, etc, the list goes on. Not many of the true greats stuck to one club and one league.

Of that list how many moved for a challenge, and how many just moved to a better club or for more money? The only real step down amongst them is Maradona leaving Barca, but that was because he was such a tremendous twat rather than because he wanted to be at Napoli.

Messi is playing at one of the worlds best teams, in one of its shiniest lovely cities, there really is no need for someone of that standard to move to Manchester City.

I only saw the edit later on, but the idea of Ibra moving for a challenge and not the money, following reading his biography, is also laughable.

I think most people just want to see it because it would possibly settle the worlds best player argument out of him and Ronaldo.

I have that niggling feeling that Messi is better (incredible technique and huge list of achievements), but because Ronaldo has a more varied list of achievements and done it at club/national level for multiple teams in different leagues, he'll always have that feather in his cap that Messi doesn't.

Bundesliga is the best league in the world :lol:

Please explain what makes it the best. Bayern are 20 points clear. What's so great about that?

If you take Bayern out of that league, what do you have left apart from teams who wouldn't make the top 4 in the EPL?