The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

It really upsets me that international football is regarded as inferior to club football. It really shouldn't be, and it's not the case in any other proper sport. I suppose the number of meaningless games doesn't help, nor does the fact that no sport is more hopelessly organised for football.

But still, IT DONT MATTER that Hazard got injured. The main thing is that he played for Belgium.

• Like 3

You make it sound like it's just England playing to repay Wembley.. when every country has an international break at the same time. :/

It really upsets me that international football is regarded as inferior to club football. It really shouldn't be, and it's not the case in any other proper sport. I suppose the number of meaningless games doesn't help, nor does the fact that no sport is more hopelessly organised for football.

But still, IT DONT MATTER that Hazard got injured. The main thing is that he played for Belgium.

Ice Hockey

Basketball

even Cricket is starting to see that from some players.

I know you're just going to say "those aren't proper sports!" for lulz, but they are and i've left out the sports that are played in very few countries (the other football codes etc) which are the actual "not proper sports".

It does happen, but I do agree that it probably shouldn't.

To me anyway, nothing will ever compare to the World Cup. Probably because it's only played every 4 years , but it means more to me and I enjoy it more than anything else in sport.

I'm ridiculously psyched for the summer now, cannot wait!

That table doesn't count Paul Dummett, who's clearly English even if he wants to play for Wales. We'd still be on 0 points but at least there'd be 1 goal! Quick, somebody do a French players table!

Presumably that's English players rather than England players, Iron Mike is long overdue. Fairly sure Paul Dummett counts since he's not played a senior game for Wales yet.

Edit: What he said...