The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Maybe someday he can hatch into a beautiful Swan. Or a cock, then join tottenham.

• Like 3

How can you refuse a buy out clause? Surely only the player can refuse to move otherwise what's the point?

It's also exactly what happened to us with Konoplyanka.

The old 'two wrongs making a right' argument deployed with great speed.

Nope, it's absolutely disgusting. Just pointing out to Jimmy that there are other recent examples of it happening.

...I didn't say anything.

You're so obsessed with me :shifty:

• Like 2

How can you refuse a buy out clause? Surely only the player can refuse to move otherwise what's the point?

It's also exactly what happened to us with Konoplyanka.

The old 'two wrongs making a right' argument deployed with great speed.

Nope, it's absolutely disgusting. Just pointing out to Jimmy that there are other recent examples of it happening.

...I didn't say anything.

You're so obsessed with me :shifty:

Maybe he likes pretty, young boys?

• Admin

We were poor but Cardiff were beyond shit. They're done.

Loved the Cardiff mascot taking off his red shirt to reveal a blue one though! We also got the whole stadium singing "You're supposed to wear blue", which was nice.

Just read on Sky Sports that the LMA had done a review a few months back on technical area placement, and had looked at other sports to see how they did it. Richard Bevan has said they'd like to move them further from the pitch but stadium sizes make it difficult. Clearly only one possible solution:

RAW_1075_Photo_096.jpg

• Admin

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew is charged ( :o ) by the Football Association for his headbutt on Hull midfielder David Meyler.

Pardew, 52, has until 18:00 GMT on Thursday 6 March to respond to the charge.

"Due to the serious violent and/or aggressive nature of the reported behaviour this case has been designated as non-standard," says a FA statement.

Worth noting that Paul Ince got a five-match stadium ban earlier this season for a "violent shove".